Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    more weights or more wrestlers
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
more weights or more wrestlers Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by bccdavid:
Until yesterday, I supported having JV wrestlers in tournaments. Then I went to Ainsworth. Drove 3 1/2 hours each way and got to watch several matches where the varsity and JV wrestler from the same school met. Frown There were also a few matches where the JV wrestler forfeited to the varsity wrestler from the same school. That's not what I came to see.

In the 130 weight class, Ainsworth had their varisty wrestler + 3 JV's - 2 of which were seeded above varsity wrestlers from other teams. In this bracket, two JV's faced off in the first round, then met later. Not what I came to see.

Josh Dickinson (CC 130) was seeded behind two of the Ainsworth JVs. He had to meet the 1st seed in the 2nd round. Josh lost to this wrestler (who went on to win the tournament) and then finished 3rd. Had he been seeded ahead of the unattached JV wrestlers, he would have most likely met the 1st seed in the finals (Josh pinned his opponent for 3rd in less than 1 minute where the 2nd place struggled to beat this same opponent).

If JV's are going to be in a varsity tournament, they should automatically be seeded below ALL varsity wrestlers - no matter what the records. You need to earn the spot on YOUR team before you are seeded above ANYONE else.

I'm all for mat time. However, having JV's in the same brackets taints the tournament on many levels.

So these JV wrestlers that have been wrestling in varsity tournaments against some of the same competition that your varsity kid wrestles and has a better record than or common opponent on your kid has to be seeded below him just because he can't make his own teams varsity? That's just stupid.
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
If you can't make your teams best, why are you wrestling a varisty tournament? Explain to me why you think it is stupid. Don't just try to insult me. Josh Dickinson ripped your (yep, I know you're from Ainsworth) varsity 130 (pinned in 46 seconds for 3/4th). Yet you had 2 JV's seeded above him. That's stupid!

JOH: You've posted time and time again with insults, cheap shots and unethical behavior. I'm sure this will only get you more fired up, but why don't you "man up" and let everyone know who you are instead of cowardly insulting others and hiding behind a handle?

I remember you starting a false rumor about some CC wrestlers last year after the Ainsworth Invite. If you have something to say, come out and say it without disguise. Until then, I won't give you any credibility in anything you say.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by bccdavid:
If you can't make your teams best, why are you wrestling a varisty tournament? Explain to me why you think it is stupid. Don't just try to insult me. Josh Dickinson ripped your (yep, I know you're from Ainsworth) varsity 130 (pinned in 46 seconds for 3/4th). Yet you had 2 JV's seeded above him. That's stupid!

JOH: You've posted time and time again with insults, cheap shots and unethical behavior. I'm sure this will only get you more fired up, but why don't you "man up" and let everyone know who you are instead of cowardly insulting others and hiding behind a handle?

I remember you starting a false rumor about some CC wrestlers last year after the Ainsworth Invite. If you have something to say, come out and say it without disguise. Until then, I won't give you any credibility in anything you say.

So you still maintain that even though a kid is 8-4 wrestling in the same tournaments as your kid that is 7-4 and has a common opponent over your kid, he should be seeded below your kid just because he can't make the varsity squad on his own team?

I've been to tournaments that if it weren't for JV kids in the meet, there would have hardly been a meet!
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
I maintain that JV should not be in a varsity tournament unless they are from a higher Class. Second, IF you are going to allow JV's from the same schools represented by varsity, I maintain that varsity should ALWAYS be seeded over the JV's. The results from the Ainsworth invite showed the JV's simply wrestled their varsity opponenet or forfeited.

I believe their was only 1 JV wrestler at the Ainsworth invite that medalled (from Winside - 4th place & he wrestled against the varisty from Winside for 3/4th place). If you look at EVERYONE of the brackets from this tournament, they were ALL over-seeded. The results speak for themselves.

[QUOTE]I've been to tournaments that if it weren't for JV kids in the meet, there would have hardly been a meet![/QUOTE}
That certainly wasn't the case in Ainsworth. If they are needed to fill brackets, they should be seeded below all varisty wrestlers (as I've already stated).