Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
DI Trivia Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
For many years the DI national tournament was held on a campus and hosted by that college. As it outgrew the college arenas it was moved to an arena with more seating. What year was the first tournament held off campus, where was it held, and who hosted it? Normal people (if there are any normal people hanging around this website) only have to answer these questions. Red Rocker, Master of the Google, must also answer the name of the tournament director, his oldest son's middle name, and the name of his youngest daughter's kindergarten teacher.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frank Ryan,
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
This may be a first, but....
In 1983 it was held at the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City. It was co-hosted by Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
State Qualifier
WOW, Fly AA, I am impressed. I threw my best curve ball and you hit it over the scoreboard and onto the roof of the apartment house across the street. I don't think I've ever seen your sign on handle before so you must be new. From you handle I would guess that you are an airline pilot. I hope you weren't googling while you were landing the plane. Or did you wrestle in that tournament?
Rookie
My secret is safe with me! Cool

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
hate ta spring it on ya Frank but Fly AA has been here a couple years longer than you, a few stealthily placed posts fly right over most heads here! how the heck did Fly AA get that trivia so easily and quickly and what about the sammich!

State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by TK:
hate ta spring it on ya Frank but Fly AA has been here a couple years longer than you, a few stealthily placed posts fly right over most heads here! how the heck did Fly AA get that trivia so easily and quickly and what about the sammich!

I wonder if FLY AA didn't wrestle in that tournament or maybe fly a chartered plane taking a team to Oklahoma City.

I'll put an extra sammich in the trunk of my car. Fly AA, if you know me and see me anyplace just identify yourself and I'll give you the sammich.

quote:
Originally posted by Frank Ryan:
quote:
Originally posted by TK:

I wonder if FLY AA didn't wrestle in that tournament or maybe fly a chartered plane taking a team to Oklahoma City.

I'll put an extra sammich in the trunk of my car. Fly AA, if you know me and see me anyplace just identify yourself and I'll give you the sammich.

You two were introduced at the State Tournament this year. Remember, you reeled in a dandy?!!!

Check your e-mail.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by Red Rocker:

You two were introduced at the State Tournament this year. Remember, you reeled in a dandy?!!!

Check your e-mail.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

You have to have a very tough mouth to have the hook set so deep twice in 3 weeks and still be on your feet.
Check your email.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
har har, ' reeled in a dandy '! Fly AA, did you put up even a little fight for cryin' out loud!

Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
All right you guys, quit pickin' on Frank. Fly AA your "secret" is safe with me. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by rmh:
All right you guys, quit pickin' on Frank. Fly AA your "secret" is safe with me. Big Grin

Sorry, Ma'am, but you and the Rooster need to stay out of this one until you know "The Rest of the Story......

tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum

Unless that is, the both of you are in on it too. In that case...

box box box

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
State Qualifier
quote:

Thanks for protecting me rmh. Everybody is always picking on me and my tender feelings bruise easily.

quote:
Originally posted by Frank Ryan:
quote:

Thanks for protecting me rmh. Everybody is always picking on me and my tender feelings bruise easily.

I got you and flyboy's bruised feelings right here...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Ouch, I'm stayin' completely outta this!