Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    parade of champions
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
parade of champions Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of ibwrestling
posted   Report This Post  
its time to rock
Rookie
Picture of Big Pounder
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Just my 2 cents, the qwest center is an awesome facility, one definetely deserving of the state tournament. But having such a state of the art facility, you would think the NSAA could do something "special" for the walk of champions...dim the lights, a spotlight, something cool, what you guys think?

Walk the Line.
Novice
i didnt think that the parade was as good as in the past i mean how can you have the parade without playing we will rock you before the walk. I thought that maybe we would see something special but we didnt. but still it is the parade and its still someting special.
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
I agree, they should have at least dimmed the lights at the beginning.
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
Some red carpets down the center and leading to the mats would have also added to the wow vs. the cement look floor underneith.
State Qualifier
The NSAA needs to send someone to the finals ceremony of the Tulsa Nationals.
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
To me, it just seemed really plain, not as much excitement as in the past
Rookie
I agree with MatCat. Make this a really big deal like Tulsa.
Rookie
have you seen the nsaa board that should explain things, there is more blue hairs on that board than husker stadium
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
And just like our goverment, they know whats best for us...lol
Rookie
Picture of Future_103_CHS
Yeah its a huge deal I wouldnt be dissapointed if I made it there though and it was just music and walking in a line cuz your their you should be worrying about the match not how the parade is gonna work but I understand were your coming from.

-Broberg 3-
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
At least in Lincoln they dimmed the lights. Not a knock on Qwest, just expected more I guess.
Rookie
Picture of Wrestling #1
That's not the Qwest fault, that's the NSAA, right?
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
Who knows, I think there were several areas that need to be worked on, we will see next year I guess
Rookie
It was exciting for the participants even though the lights weren't dimmed. What that walk represents is much more important than the atmosphere. My son liked it because he could see the fans.
Rookie
Picture of Big Pounder
The lights weren't dimmed at Devaney last year either...

Walk the Line.
Novice
Picture of stormfan
I think they should have walked around all the mats instead of just the two. Everyone in the building would of gotten to see all the finalist from every class. It wouldn't have taken that much more time.
Rookie
Picture of pierce boy
whats the big deal just to be in the walk is good anywas why do all this stuff i beat none of u guys were in the walk i was there for the 3rd time and it was as good as the other 2 times so shutup plz thank u
Rookie
Unbeatable the big deal is that people want the walk to be alot better. There is nothing wrong with taking smoething to the next level giving it a little umph or as Emerald would say bang!!!!!!! So all ideas are great and yes just being in it is great, but why not making it a bigger deal then it already is wont hurt anyone. Also i think that dimming the lights and having a spot light for when they come out would be great then turn them back on when everyone is done walking around would be great. It would set the mood and make everyone work that much harder just to be in it or to be in it again. Thats just my two cents.

-Philly signing out
Rookie
What does it matter? The one thing I'll always remember when I won state in 95', is walking in the parade of champions as the song "We are the Champions" was playing in the backround. It reminds you of all the countless hours you've spent practicing to acheive that goal(besides receiving my gold medal in front of 10,000 plus spectactors).