Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Norfolk Catholic head coach steps down

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Norfolk Catholic head coach steps down Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
posted   Report This Post  
Havent heard the story myself yet, but it was announced on 106.7 that Jeff Heimes has stepped down after 12 years of coaching. One of the assistants is stepping into the position. Shannon Hybel(SPELLING??).

Ill look for more info.

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Sad but true, Coach Heimes has stepped down. However, Shannon Hybel is not taking over. In fact he had quit afte the state tourney. Assistant Coach Jason Konicek will be taking over the new role as head coach. He as been with the program now for four years and is a fantastic coach and will do a good job in continuing the tradition at Norfolk Catholic. I know for assistant coaches for next year the only one returning is Adam Matteo. That is all I know for now.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
I hope this isn't true as it was a great thrill to go against a Heimes coached wrestler, but if true best of luck Heimes in whatever you are going to do, but just remember you still owe me a game of shuffleboard at Arnolds.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I remember when Jeff took that program over a in 96 - I think they might have had 7-8 kids out in the entire program and it was a long way from where it is now. He's done a tremendous job building that program up into one of Class C's best and he not only is an outstanding coach, but a great, classy individual as well.

I'll be knocking on the A.D.'s door next time I'm in Norfolk, Jeff...best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
My apologies to NC WRESTLING. I didnt mean to start rumors, was misinformed about HYBEL.

THE STORY FROM KEXL

Norfolk Catholic head wrestling coach Jeff Heimes has stepped down after twelve years. Heimes, who has been at the post since 1996-97, won two state titles, a runner-up trophy, and two third place finishes. The Knights placed seventh this past winter at the State Meet. Assistant coach Jason Konicek has been promoted to head coach. Konicek has been an assistant at Norfolk Catholic the past four seasons and was the previous head coach at West Point Central Catholic for two seasons

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!