Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Ref Certification

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ref Certification Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Just wondering how a person goes about getting certified to ref? If there is a need anyway.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Always a need...go to NSAAhome.org for details click on officials on the left hand side about 3/4 the way down the page.
Rookie
Okay thanks. I believe i'm going to get certified so i can still in the sport while i'm in school.
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
Excellent way to do that. Good luck and as others have said always a need. Good thing about this sport and reffing- you can ref from as early as early November to late March if you include the little kids meets and junior high.
Rookie
Next thing is getting some tournaments to work at..haha. Registered and took the online test, so i'm ready to go. If anyone is looking for a ref for duals/tournaments/etc. you can contact me at cuchil01@wsc.edu. Thanks.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by C112C:
Okay thanks. I believe i'm going to get certified so i can still in the sport while i'm in school.

You should post what area of the state you want to work and a resume. If you are anywhere near Omaha join our association. We assign officials to meets. Check our website

http://www.metromatrefs.com/

We need young officials. President Rick Price gave some interesting statistics at our last meeting which shows the problems we face. He gave the number of high schools and the number of registered officials in 7 midwestern states. I don't remember exact numbers but Iowa had the most officials, 501, to serve about 275 high schools. That's about 1.8 officials for each high school program. Nebraska has about 170 officials for about 220 high schools.

Send me an email: frank-ryan@cox.net for more information. This goes for anyone else who may be interested. If you aren't in the Omaha area we can steer you to another officials association.
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
I see the wsc addy. Also let the intramural office know that you have the wrestling officials. They used to host an intramural tournament. It doesn't pay as well as the high school but a lot of fun. Let the AD's in the area know as well- my husband always sent out letters the first year and got a lot of return contracts when he was up in that area. Good luck but I'm sure that you will stay busy.
Rookie
Also, I am based out of Wayne, Ne and would like to officiate mainly in the Northeast and North Central part of the state.