Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    USA State Meeting Set

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
USA State Meeting Set Login/Join

<USA>
posted   Report This Post  
Announcing
the Annual State Meeting of USA Clubs

January 26th, 2:00pm Mountain Time
Ogallala, Nebraska, Country Kitchen
at I-80 interchange.

Each club should have 2 voting members present.
<Lunatic>
What's on the agenda?Maybe getting rid of having to qualify for the Folkstyle Nationals.
<bestinthewest>
i hope that this isn't another piece of dennis miller bs? there is an appropriate way to call for a meeting in usa and this sure isn't it. if this is being called by the president then we need to have appropriate communication to all folks involved with usa. lot of clubs aren't always online. also need an agenda of items that will be discussed and/or voted on at the meeting.i just get tired of the halfassed way this stuff always gets done.
<bambam>
everything Miller does seems to be shrouded in secrecy. he's been this way forever and a day. you guys think things are going to change now? when you get to the meeting boys, see if you can vote him out. he is why our club won't have anything to do with usa any more.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Before everone gets too hot and bothered, let us wait to see what the meeting is about. I have asked Dennis to present an agenda, and I feel he will. Drilling him into the ground at this point will prove fruitless.
<Out West>
i have been involed with usa ne. for around 27 years back when dennis's girls wrestled out of ogallala. dennis has stated that he is wanting to step down as usa ne. director.so those of you who can bash him on this site i expect you to try and do the job, run for the position and see how much fun it is.he takes alot of heat doing good things for our kids. dennis i want to say thanks for the years of service you have donated to the sport of wrestling.
<Concerned>
Who in Lincoln (5 hour drive straight through) or Omaha (6 hour drive straight through) would want to return from Ogallala on a Sunday starting at about 4:30 central time (assuming the meeting only lasts 1.5 hours)? It seems like this meeting, given on very short notice is being deliberately set up to exclude the eastern half of the state. Was the board consulted about this date?
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
This isn't about east vs west. No matter where Dennis sets this meeting someone will find something to complain about. This is supposed to be about doing something for the kids!
<Concerned>
sitting in IMPERIAL! (less than 50 miles from Ogallala). If its about inclusion, then why not schedule it far in advance where everyone can make it?
<Out State>
I got this letter today in the mail, no doubt it has been mail out to all of the other USA clubs. I do know that Dennis called a meeting in October in kearney but very few people showed up, so he is having an other one I guess. Maybe he would have one in the east for you folks if you ask him.

here is the letter

Nebraska U.S.A. Wrestling

Nebraska USA Wrestling Member,
This is a second attempt to have a State Meeting. This meeting is the meeting that is usually held in the fall. Clubs are encouraged to send two representatives as each club has two votes on voted items.
The meeting will be held at the Country Kitchen in Ogallala, Nebraska on January 26, 2003 at 2:00 p.m. Mountain time.
I hope the date and time fit your schedule. I have been under pressure from the members to get a meeting set. There doesn’t seem to be a perfect time, I hope you will take the time to squeeze this meeting into your busy schedules. I have also been asked about an agenda. The normal agenda for a fall meeting:
1. Working on the State USA calendar with clubs bringing in their tournament dates.
2. Handing out the club packets for club registration and any club information
3. It is also customary to hear reports from each of the age division directors.
4. Open up other agenda items.
a. Major item is the new qualifying procedures with open district lines.
If for some reason a club representative is unable to attend this meeting, the club packets will be mailed out to them.

Dennis Miller
Nebraska USA State Chairman