Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Best Move In the World
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best Move In the World Login/Join

<slycobrajjj>
posted   Report This Post  
obviously you did not see Kyle Sorenson of Weeping Water toss Zach Clarke two years ago with a headlock did you? I'd hardly say that a three time state champion used the headlock because he "didnt know what he was doing out on the mat to begin with". There is a time and place for it, but I would hardly say it is terrible or worthless. There has been many a good kid get caught or in fact use it themselves when they really needed it.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
No, I didn't see that match, sorry. I totally agree with using it when need be and I have seen plenty of wrestlers use it "wisely". I am just saying there are alot of kids that use it excessively (or it is the only move they know) and THAT is when I think it is a "garbage" move as Jason said. It, by far, is NOT the BEST move.
By the way, if I recall from all the college wrestling I have seen, I don't think any of those great wrestlers throw a head-lock.

[This message was edited by Catwoman3406 on February 06, 2004 at 08:01 PM.]
<Guest>
HEAD THROW!!! you live and die by this move. It can win a big match or get you some needed points late in the match. A 5 point move.
<Guest>
from my feet i like the anlkle pick if i can get it, and on the mat,i prefer riding the legs with a good old fashion power half.
<Guest>
You pretend to yawn and then slip your arm behind your date's shoulders. Then pull her close and continue to enjoy "My Best Friend's Wedding."
<also a guest>
quote:
Originally posted by GUEST:
HEAD THROW!!! you live and die by this move. It can win a big match or get you some needed points late in the match. A 5 point move.

If you live or die by the head throw, conciter your wrestling career a short one.
<wiz>
i like to see arm drags they look kinda cool
<wiz>
whats an egg roll?
<bcwrestler>
the figure 4 headlock is an easy move to get and it is a great pinning move.

Frank Finkral
<SHORTOUT>
Fish Hook!
<LDW>
Japanese Wizzer, Boot Scoot, Super Duck, Lazy Mans Cradle, Spladle, Guillotine, Standing Egg-Beater, High Flyer, Gable-Finish Cradle, Tornado Single...

My personal Favorite, the Lateral. Flashiest, Tornado Single or Super Duck. Most painful, Guillotine. Most embarrassing, Spladle.

is the inside and outside firemans. fake one and go to the other. possible five point move
<highcrotch>
The Ryan Etherton Head Bob/Superduck
<C-BUS Fan>
If you know how to do this move no one can stop it even if they know it is coming, their only defense is to cry when they are on their back....trust me, I know
<bcwrestler>
the saturday night ride is another good one. you can inflict some good pain there.

Frank Finkral
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
highcrotch is the best I've seen at the Head Bob/superduck!
<pglut>
Eric Treveno would let a guy shoot in on his legs, defend the shot, and as the kid was backing out, eric would hit him with a head lock. The safest way to use it, no danger of getting rolled to your back, plus your oponent doesnt know what hit him.
<Guest>
the banana splits is a good move but nobody uses it
<Fall Guy>
You listed many of my most favorite moves to watch and use. All so I am very impressed to see the variety and quality of your list. You do know your wrestling with a list like that. For me the most exciting move in wrestling, is not legal in folkstyle, and one must attend a Greco competition to even see one. That move is the lift from the mat to a belly to back highly arched suplay to a """touch fall"""!!!!
Nothing prettier, totally the best move to watch!
Period
<bcwrestler>
what about the cross-face throw. that is a fun one. just hit it when your opponent is not expecting it.