Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Husker Illustrated

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Husker Illustrated Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Loosvelt
posted   Report This Post  
Don't know if anybody on here visits the rivals site Husker Illustrated but over the last few days they have featured articles about preferred walk-ons for the Husker Football team. Those articles have featured:

#1 Rated Brandon Yost from Millard West
#1 Rated Jack Ganwish from Wood River
#1 Rated Nathaniel Allen from Ainsworth
#2 Rated Chris Long from Blair

not to mention the stuff they are saying about Shoff for next year.

Nice Work big boys keep the pipeline coming!

So tell me does wrestling help make you a better football player????

Go Dragons!
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Zach Adler from Omaha Westside is heading to North Dakota to play football. He has wrestled for only 2 years (State Qualifier in 2009-2010) and is 15-4 (lost to Jones of North and Hall of Prep) and is ranked at 215...wrestling definitely helps with improving other sport skills!!!
Rookie
I believe wrestling helps a football players footwork and balance and also makes a person meaner and tougher when your down in the trenches.
Junior High
Wrestlers make better tacklers!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
There's absolutely no correlation between wrestling and football, much the same as there is no correlation between sunburn and exposure to the sun.

The first part is what a football/basketball coach once told me...his football teams are dominated by athletes who wrestle, but he refuses to see the forest from the trees.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray