Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Huskerland State - online registration
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Huskerland State - online registration Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
Did anyone pay attention to the extra fee that is added on to online registrations per wrestler and coaches.
The registration fee is high to began with and then they add another online fee. I'm glad we only had 22 of our 130 wrestlers sign up cause we only had parents write us checks for $18 W/AAU or $28 WO/AAU so our club will have to pay the extra fee.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
same here - I must not of read the fine print very well! Charging us more and we fill out all the online information.
Junior Varsity
Yep, all so you can wrestle an 8 man bracket and have 3 or 4 champs per wt. It's a joke
Rookie
We also colletced 18 from the parents and had to pay 20. Huskerland needs to clarify as to why the increase. The flyer sent to our club clearly stated $18 w/aau online and $2.00 per coaches pass.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Well Albert,

It appears as though you have complaint about the online process. Just to let you know, we are working through the online situation. It does cost us extra to use online (I am sure you know this) and it costs us also to use online credit cards and the like. This service has to be purchased by Huskerland. So, basically we give each club an option to send entries in or do it online. If clubs don't like to pay the extra fee, then we will make the entry a set fee that includes this cost (which is what most major tournaments already do). As always, we aim to PLEASE, Albert, and will be working to make the necessary changes for the better benefit of all our clientele.

While I am online, I also want to invite your team and teams all over the state to some upcoming one day clinics sponsored by Huskerland. They will be completely FREE for all kids who have an AAU card. These clinics will feature NEBRASKA All-Americans (guys who wrestled in Nebraska High Schools and were All-Americans). We are planning to have at least four of these one day clinics. Hopefully you can get more than 22 of your kids to come and see these guys! Dates, Times, Places and clinicians to be announced at Huskerland!

Again FREE!
Rookie
I don't know if it is really a complaint, it is more a hidden cost that the directors didn't catch to charge the accurate amount.
State Qualifier
Well Doug,

I'm sure you and your people knew about these charges and could've made everyone aware of it instead of keeping it a secret. Yes we usually do encounter an online fee to register online but for each wrestler and coach. That's ridiculous. I'm sure part of that money is probably going to the pot that your trying to get your hands on and that's no secret.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Ouch Albert!

I feel a few sour grapes here! Hey, I don't need to do my dirty laundry in front of the world. I am sorry you feel that there was something hidden or that in some way I have intended MALICE toward you. I can assure you that this is not the case. The problem will go before the board for review and I am certain that it will be handled. We are always looking to improve.

As far as the money. Wow! Just remember that the pot is at the end of the rainbow. We will land that pot somewhere near you so your kids can see a quality clinician without being charged a dime! Now that's doing something with that "pot!"

Hey you have a great day Albert! Wink
Rookie
so much tension..
you could cut it with a fork?
box
NCAA Champion
Who are the clincians?
Rookie
Picture of kramerulez
haha, there's an old saying hiding in there somewhere, you know, something about pots calling kettles black. We all know Huskerland officers are public information Albert, calling them out on the internet is pathetic and undignified. Kearney youth wrestling deserves better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kramerulez,
Rookie
Kramerulez, I totally agree with you! Albert if you want to know how the money is spent request to see the books! As far as the clinics, the sites have been confirmed. Right now there are four with a possible fifth. 5 clinicians have been confirmed. 525 all I can tell you is that all five are all americans.
State Qualifier
Wow guys, you have no clue as to what money I'm talking about(not Huskerlands) and that's the way Doug wants it.

And who's calling who out?
Rookie
I got to agree with Kearney MatCat, cotton-mouth, Eagle1 and WesternEdge. Huskerland has always had hidden fees. All tournaments we go to brackets are posted on the wall so you know where to go to. Huskerland wont post brackets so you have to buy them just so you know where to wrestle. Last year they switched to AAU because they would get a kick back of $2 per wrestler and that would keep the cost down. Now they turn around and rais the price anyway. It would cost our club hundreds of dollars more to switch to AAU now they raise the price when they said they wouldnt.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by kramerulez:
haha, there's an old saying hiding in there somewhere, you know, something about pots calling kettles black. We all know Huskerland officers are public information Albert, calling them out on the internet is pathetic and undignified. Kearney youth wrestling deserves better.

That's his modus operandi.
Rookie
Matcat:
What money are you referring to then?
Rookie
if kearney youth can do better i just dont see that ever happening.
the people that run matcats are some of the best people around. they have kids from other clubs coming in because of the people and how they treat them.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
im sure where there is going to be 5 clinics on e will be west of kearney where us outlanders can attend withou driving 400 miles
Rookie
Cornfeed,we have one in Amherst. We would love to have one out west. Would you help find a host?
Novice
Picture of Big D
Will the clinics be folkstyle, olympic style or a combination?