Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Great N side article on Burroughs!

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Great N side article on Burroughs! Login/Join

NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
posted   Report This Post  
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Now I understand why it felt a little like watching Bryan Snyder again (watching Burroughs), since they wrestle every day!

That makes the story that much greater to me. I always wondered what happened to Bryan Snyder -- I am glad he is backing and helping make others into champions. If he can get the whole team wrestling that style -- wow! Now ... that would be an awesome team!

" Snyder, Burroughs said, "was the toughest match I had all season. He wrestles hard, man. He's the only one who ever beat me all season. Like I said, everything happens for a reason. My injury and his return to our program were perfect timing. I feel lucky to have had a four-time All-American in my corner on a daily basis. He's helped my footwork and my technique. He's helped me stay hungry and stay humble. It's hard to express how blessed I felt having a head coach like Coach Manning and an assistant coach like Coach Snyder. They know everything it takes to be a champion, and if Coach Snyder could come back tomorrow and be eligible, even at 31, he could win a national championship. I'm serious when I say that.""
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
There are a lot of middle weights at Nebraska that are going to flourish under Snyder in the next few years...... Kokesh will be next. He might well be only one of 10 wrestlers in the nation that Burroughs couldn't major on a consistent basis.

Rick Henry

Rookie
Plus Burroughs has said he intends to train for world and olympic teams in Lincoln - Great for current and future UNL wrestlers as well! How would you like to have to work out with that guy every day...
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
On his facebook, that he indeed has won the HODGE! Congrats!

Rick Henry