Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Fantasy Wrestling

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fantasy Wrestling Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
Fantasy leagues have swept the country, if not the world in the last decade. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey & NASCAR all have their very own fantasy leagues and sites.

I have queried the Attorney Generals office, several lawyers and countless individuals about starting a "fantasy wrestling league". I haven't got a straight answer from anyone.

My question to this forum is, would it be possible to start a fantasy wrestling league for high school or college wrestling that didn't involve gambling (or violate any Nebraska gambling laws)?

My vision is forming 16 team fantasy leagues with a draft prior to districts. Each 16 team league could draft wrestlers from all four classes on a pre-district auction. As in real life, all of your drafted wrestlers may not qualify for the state finals. That adds to the excitement and intrigue. No bets, money, trophies or other monitary benifits would be involved. The only purpose of the endeavor would be to add some interest and excitement to the wrestling season.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts or comments, good or bad, positive or negative, about this idea. Perhaps it's just one of those sh--y ideas that has crept up my spine because I've held it in, but your comments and input would be appreciated.

HB. Is this something you could incorporate into this website? Or would you prefer not to touch it with a 10-foot pole?

It is an interesting concept though, isn't it?
Novice
Picture of cubbie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I DO BELIEVE THEY DID SOMETHING LIKE THIS LAST YEAR FOR DI NATIONALS YOU GOT TO PICK YOUR WRESTLES BUT ONLY 4 IN THE TOP 3 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

World Champion
Picture of HB
Not for the HS kids-they have enough pressure as it is (even if this is for fun). College-I say go for it.
Novice
Your right HB. Thanks.