Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Class D Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Congrades to Howells butt the champs took alot of lumps along the way.Rushville Wrestled great all weekend little late sat but glad they got to wrestle.East Butler was impressive.Greeley' Sargent'Weeping Water and North Platte St.Pat all showed Quality teams.My team Winside sucked on thursday maybe they over slep Friday 12 of 13 one of best days ever for us.2 champs 3 3rds 2 6ths lota guts allways with class.Morrill thanks for coming 'down' to class D not bad are we boys.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Maybe an objective lesson assignment would be for all the trash and smack talkers to go back through posts made this year and see how many of their ridiculous predictions came true.

The comment coming "down" to Class D and the thought that because they were coming "down" to Class D came back to haunt Morrill as well as believing that finishing in a local tournament ahead of Rushville put them as a prohibitive favorite in the team race.

Louisville went "up" to Class C and placed fifth as a team in that race.
With all do respect to a great wrestling program they would probably have finished no higher in Class D.

I don't remember any trash and smack coming from Howells, Winside and Rushville wrestlers and fans during the season. Maybe because they do their talking on the mat. Notice they finished in the top three spots in Class D.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it!
The trashers and smackers evidently forgot about Rushvilles 3 consecutive team titles, along with the other three titles since 1991. Winside has a great wrestling tradition with 31 state champions, 2 team titles, 7 runner up trophies and 5 third place finishes along with the fact that Winside has finished out of the top ten teams only 4 repeat four times since 1972.

The Howells athletic tradition speaks for itself.
They are also a perennial top 10 team.

Winside, Howells and Rushville compete against each other every year with Winside-Rushville previously meeting in Ainsworth for a Friday night dual prior to the Ainsworth Invitational and Winside facing Howells numerous times during the wrestling season. These three schools have great tradition, know how to win with class and to lose with dignity. They have a great deal of respect for each other and their wrestling programs.

Maybe it's time for the trash and smack to come to an end on this great wrestling site. All trash and smack does is distract from the opportunity for people who love our sport of wrestling to have a web site for the exchange of knowledge and information that we all crave during the high school season.

Remember trash and smackers: If you can't walk the walk - don't talk the talk.

Off my soap box.

I will say this about the Morrill wrestlers in Lincoln. I never saw any of them get out of line, or in anyway bring negative attention to themselves either when winning or losing. Naybe the start of a new and better era in Morrill.
<statechamp>
well put lee. And thanks for doing all the write up on class D and other tournaments throughout the year. Keep up the good work.
<Guest>
lay off the wrestlers. most of the posting done this year was by other high school kids not on the wrestling team from morrill. the team itself has just wrestled and shut up all year. they worked hard and deserve all the credit in the world. they wrestled horrible this weekend and they all know it and dont need a bunch of pricks jamming it down their throats. they are a good team, everyone knows it, everyone has their ups and downs, and morrills down just came at a horrible time.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
I wouldn't say that Morrill wrestled horrible. This is the state tournament. The best from the state go there to compete. So maybe they didn't finish as high as they wanted to, individually or as a team, but they were still there and they are to be applauded for the great season they had.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by guest:
lay off the wrestlers. most of the posting done this year was by other high school kids not on the wrestling team from morrill. the team itself has just wrestled and shut up all year. they worked hard and deserve all the credit in the world. they wrestled horrible this weekend and they all know it and dont need a bunch of pricks jamming it down their throats. they are a good team, everyone knows it, everyone has their ups and downs, and morrills down just came at a horrible time.

Excactly the type of posts referred to. The language and alibis for not winning. The fact that Morill wrestled horribly was posted evidently by a Morrill supporter - no one else has said that. As in the original post I stated that observing the Morrill wrestlers they were well behaved and represented the school well. The Morrill kids DID WRESTLE WELL and had a great tournament. I wold like to think the trach and smack posts during the year were made by non-wrestlers who didn't have to put it on the line. Maybe all wrestlers statewide should talk to the kids making the trash and smack talk and tell them to knock it off.