Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    RMAC Preseason Ratings

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
RMAC Preseason Ratings Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
posted   Report This Post  
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Cant wait for the season to get started. Looks like UNK is loaded again and will run for another RMAC championship. I saw that Chadron State was ranked higher than UNK based on their recruiting class this year. Maybe in the future Chadron State will be the next UNK
State Qualifier
UNK is the head of the class in the RMAC and has been for some time. UNK may not always win the conference championship, but they are in the top 2-3 every year and have been for a long time. Chadron St. has talent at some weights but are not nearly as strong top to bottom or in depth. I would have to look at the recruits from both schools from this past year, but I have a hard time believing Chadron had a better class. Here's to both schools representing Nebraska well.
State Champion
Picture of deano
Chadron's recruiting has actually picked up quite a bit the last few years, with Cale and Brett. They have some excellent kids they are looking to rs this year and hoping to bring in another very good class next year. And yes, Kearney and GCU are the cream of the crop until someone steps up and takes it from them. The RMAC is one of the top conferences in the nation year in and year out, and it is truly remarkable what Kearney has been able to build in the last decade.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Chadron may have picked up a couple of good kids but their class was not as good as UNK's. The Loeprs got quite a few guys that could have an instant impact on the national level.
Rookie
Here is the proof that Chadron State had a better recruiting year that UNK. Chadron State is ranked 9th in non division I recruiting rankings, UNK is ranked 11th. I found this on St. Clouds website, also saw it on the usawrestling website. So someone has noticed that CSC has taken a huge step forward and had a better recruiting year that the Lopers. Check out the website.

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/at...=31165&storyID=36209
State Qualifier
One guys opinion. I will need to look at who Chadron St. signed before I can compare them with UNK's 12 signees.

Here are the out of state recruits for UNK

http://www.lopers.com/news/201....aspx?path=wrestling

and the in-staters

http://www.lopers.com/news/201....aspx?path=wrestling
Rookie
With the UNK's wrestlers that transferred in and Brock Smith being eligible id say UNK has a better team. actually UNK could probably take this years recruiting class or.....their back-ups for this next season and beat Chadron in a dual ...Mark Bauer has put together a pretty good looking roster on paper ...if they can take it to the mat...the National Title will most likely stay in Nebraska.
on a side not Brock Smith vs. Mark Fiala for a wrestle off to be on varsity ...must be a coaches dream.... guarantee I wont miss UNK's Blue/Glod intrasquad dual with some of the possible match-ups.
Novice
Picture of ArmBar
quote:
Originally posted by husker34:
With the UNK's wrestlers that transferred in and Brock Smith being eligible id say UNK has a better team. actually UNK could probably take this years recruiting class or.....their back-ups for this next season and beat Chadron in a dual ...Mark Bauer has put together a pretty good looking roster on paper ...if they can take it to the mat...the National Title will most likely stay in Nebraska.
on a side not Brock Smith vs. Mark Fiala for a wrestle off to be on varsity ...must be a coaches dream.... guarantee I wont miss UNK's Blue/Glod intrasquad dual with some of the possible match-ups.

Yep. IMO UNK is loaded. They should definitely be in the hunt for the championship this year.
Rookie
I never said CSC was better than them, I am saying that they had a better year or recruiting, and the only proof we have right now is that article.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
The two Fors kids from Oregon look like they are legit. I do not see how they would rate thier class so high. I think UNK had a much better class.

UNK

Full Name Cl. Weight Hometown / Highschool Other College
Joe Alston Fr-R 285 Tulsa, OK / Berryhill Northeastern State U. (OK) State Champ, Runner-UP
Troy Bainter Fr. 133 Norton, KS / Norton 2x State Champ 4x placer
Kevin Barrett Fr-R 197 Bennington, NE / Boys Town U. of Nebraska-Omaha 3x State Champ 2nd High School Nationals
Ryan Bauer Fr. 125 Kearney, NE / Kearney State Placer
Michael Bolan Fr. 141 Grand Island, NE / Grand Island State Champ
Layne Crumley Fr. 157 Akron, CO / Akron 2x State Champ
Garrett Grantom Fr. 125 Willis, TX / Willis 3RD Place TX St Tourney
Colton Johnson Fr. 157 Burke, SD / Burke 3x State Palcer SD
Klay Kasik Fr. 141 Schuyler, NE / Schuyler 3X State Placer
Brett LaBudda Fr. 141 Lincoln, NE / Southeast 2x State Placer
Chase White Fr. 149 Lincoln, NE / Lincoln 2x State Champ 4x Placer
Mark Fiala So. 174 Seward, NE / Seward U. of Nebraska-Omaha State Champ 32-12 last year for UNO
Shawn Meyer So. 285 Plainview, NE / Plainvew Morningside College (IA) 2x State Champ
Austin Carmichael Jr. 149 Columbus, NE / Columbus Augustana College (SD) 2x Champ 22-7 last year for Augie
Brock Coutu Jr. 149 Griswold, CT / Griswold Newberry College (SC) 2x State Champ Juco AA
Eric Jones Jr. 149 Lake Tapps, WA / Auburn Riverside Highline C.C. (WA) 2x State Champ JUCO AA

chadron State

Robbie Thomsen 149 Freshman Pender, Neb.
Taylor Pownall 157 Freshman Gillette, Wyo.
Andrew Loy 184 Freshman Gordon, Neb.
Connor Larson 125 Freshman Clovis, Calif.
Jesse Larralde 149 Freshman Newcastle, Wyo.State Runner Up
Damon Lappe 197 Freshman Box Elder, S.D.
Spencer Hunt 125 Freshman Bellevue, Neb.
Kaleb Hoyt 165 Freshman Cowley, Wyo. 2X State Champ
Tyler Frederick 141 Freshman Hershey, Neb.6th State Tournament
Dylan Fors 174 Freshman Roseburg, Ore.
Devan Fors 184 Freshman Roseburg, Ore.
CJ Clark 141 Freshman Rapid City, S.D.
Leandro Arias 141 Freshman Cheyenne, Wyo.State Champ 2nd
Bruce Zurek 157 Sophomore Sargent, Neb. Back up at UNK
Novice
The transfers alone would warrant a better class ranking, although I don't care about what some guy says about recruits. I trust what Bauer has done much more than any list developed by who knows who. I would hardly count that as proof of Chadron St narrowing the gap, let alone being the next UNK. Don't forget the value of coaching and development!

Barrett, Fiala, Carmichael, Coutu, Jones. Those are legitmate guys who have proven it at the college level already. I would take that over the questions that come with freshman, no matter how talented, entering college and a college wrestling room for the first time.
Rookie
FR Dylan Fors 165- 3X Oregon State Champ, 2X Fargo All-American

FR Devan Fors 184- 1X Oregon State Champ, 1X Fargo All-American

FR Connor Lason 125- High School All-American

FR Leandron Arias 141- 2X Wyo state champ, 1X Fargo All-American.

Transfer Damon Lappe 197- 2X SD State Champ, high school All-American

Transfer Bruce Zurek (UNK) 157

Heard they got Bret Klopp (174) from Duke that transfered in, he was a 1X Wiscoinsin state champ, 2X wyo state champ, High School All-American, Fargo All-American, went 28-12 at Duke last year on varsity.
State Qualifier
Solid classes by both schools. Anytime you can get Fargo AA's and and/or state champs from Oregon, you are doing something right. The brother aspect is a nice touch.
Novice
Picture of 3/4 Nelson
I think Bauer's reputation and coaching prowess would be something you would take note before betting against him. Nothing against CSC in any way but when you have a proven track record like Bauer, just getting so called highly ranked recruits is never enough. A recruit is just that until they show up and do the work. Talent never hurts but let CSC show it on the mat and make us believers before you crown them.

"Defeat is not getting back up"
State Champion
Picture of deano
yes I believe the Duke kid will be "officially" on the team in the second semester, but that is hearsay not from any coach, so take it for what it is. I also know they are probably rs most of the frosh class this year.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
If Chadron had 5 high school AA on their team they would have one of the top DI recruting classes. The one Fors kid placed in greco at juniors twice. I do not think the other guys are high school AA. I am not sure how they compile the recruiting class ratings. They have Maryville as the 4th non division one recruiting class and I think they have a very average group of recruits.
Rookie
I agree with both..Kearney just reloads (picking up transfers as well) and Chadron will be improved by having 30 tough young kids in the room with only 2 seniors.