Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Michael Jackson beats the rape...er, rap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Jackson beats the rape...er, rap Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Acquitted on all 10 counts.

Gotta love that criminal justice system in California. They let murderers, child molesters...heck, darn near anybody who committs a crime run free.

Sheesh...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
While I'm definitely not a Jackson fan, I do think the prosecution screwed this case up, from what I read. A couple of the jurors said the prosecution hardly gave any evidence of Jackson wrongdoing. They just said "Here's Michael Jackson...see how weird he is". One juror even said he believes Jackson has molested children in the past, but the prosecution didn't present enough evidence in this case to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. Several jurors said the worst thing the prosecution could've done is put the accuser's mother on the stand, and that she did way more harm to the case than good.

Yes, Michael beat the rap this time. But is there any doubt that he'll be back in court somewhere down the road?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Once a pedophile, always a pedophile. If there's one sickness that knows no cure, it's sexual assault of a child (and I speak from personal experience as a victim) and it's only a matter of time before he does it again.

The bad thing about it -- the criminal justice system in California is such a cluster you-know-what...two OBVIOUS murderers AND a child raper have gone free in the last decade, and that's just the high-profile Hollywood-connected cases. Makes you wonder how many under-the-media-radar murderers and baby rapers are out walking the streets in California.

I agree with you, Stallion...they had Jackson dead to rights and fumbled big time.

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
Way to go Whacko Jacko! I always knew you could beat the system. Heck, you practically wrote the music to "Beat It". Sorry, guys, I couldn't let that one go, toooooo easy.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
A couple of years ago, one of those "Law and Order"-type TV shows did a storyline that kind of reminds me of this case. On the show a couple of members of a jury got in trouble because in the trial they were a part of, the prosecution presented a weak case. The jurors decided that even though the case was weak, they believed the person was guilty so they voted him guilty anyway. One of the jurors was brought in when the case was appealled and told what happened, and the verdict was overturned.

The show tried to make the moral point that no matter how bad the person was, it was still up to the lawyers to make a good case and for the jurors to decide on "reasonable doubt" in ONLY that case. One of the show's characters pointed out that while our legal system is flawed, it does protect the rights of the accused and even they are entitled to "innocent until proven guilty".

I do believe in this case Michael Jackson was rightly protected from a family of money-grubbing golddiggers. But he is a loooooong ways away from being "an innocent man".

Just my $.02...
World Champion
Picture of NWI
The bad thing about this is that you and I and anybody who knows anything about the subject knows that he WILL molest again and that it's only a matter of time before another child is assaulted. And I wonder if his family will be prepared to have their lives gone over with a fine tooth comb to find any potential source for a credibility gap that will allow him to once again roam free.

Or...the parent could just take justice into his own hands, which is wrong from a legal standpoint...but certainly justifiable.

Novice
And of course 95% of those who were abused turn out to be abusers! Have to watch for all of em...
Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
I haven't taken time to watch any of these high profile cases.
But I do have a comment about our "Justice" system. Doesn't everyone of you find it interesting that the basis for justice in our system is based on the witnesses telling the truth or not lieing on the witness stand. How does our Justice system ensure that the witnesses are telling the truth? Raising their right hand and swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth so help me God. The interesting thing about this is it is this very same Justice system that took prayers out school, forced God out of all public walks of life, etc...
I for one am not surprised at all that guilty people are set free! I am afraid it will only get worse, unless God fearing people make a stand.
This is why I feel the next Supreme court Justice will be a major pivot point for our Justice system and our society,