Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Nebraska football
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nebraska football Login/Join

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by husker33:
Had a few good punt returns. One should have been a fumble but hey the refs cant get em' all.

I believe that the refs got it right because the play was reviewed by the replay official and he said the knee was down before the ball came out. If you are looking at the OWH photo, who knows maybe the knee hit the turf and came up as the photo was taken.

It is just one game so you cannot judge the team based on this one game. I agree with Lance Stallion about the past results against other I-AA teams and how the Huskers recovered to have a successful season. This game does concern me some, but there are a lot of new players on the team this year and they should improve throughout the season.

I will stick to my 8-4 prediction, but I may change that if they don’t show much improvement this week. Also part of my reason for sticking to my prediction is that Iowa State, Kansas State, and Kansas looked as bad if not worse. Colorado, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, Baylor, and Missouri were not overly impressive.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
And to think we had him last year. Why wasn't he returning them last year I wonder?
Rookie
I watched the game myself and saw that his knee wasnt down over and over again about a hundred times. And im not sure if he returned last year.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
According to the guys at work you are right. I was at the game so I did not get to watch the replays. I assumed the replay officials would get it right.
Varsity Letterman
Hey Badger,
Do you have any info on Andy Christensen? I heard his injury did him in for the season. If you do get to talk to him, give him our best from "the usual suspects" at HuskerMat!

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
things are goin' to hellinahandbasket, first there's a 'herd' of baby turkey's terrorizing RR's place and now you guy's have done it; you've badgered Coach P. into football analyzing & predictions; hey, us wrestling guys need him focused on his annual Class C wrestling preseason presentation!!! Wink

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
Lance Stallion, Andy is out for the season. It is too bad because it looked like he would be getting a lot of playing time. He should be able to get a medical hardship and still have four years of eligibility.

TK, there are only two seasons around here, wrestling and football. The way my Husker football prediction is looking you may not want me to do any class C wrestling predictions. By the way I have to save something in case HB is desperate again and has me on his preseason broadcast.
Varsity Letterman
That's a shame, Badger...that offensive line could really use some depth. But I guess that just means another year in that famed Husker weight room...
Junior High
Solich and the Ohio Bobcats just dumped Pitt 16-10 (OT), and Pitt is now 0-2.

Is there hope for the Huskers to win this one?
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
big game today, my predictions, Huskers 42- Wake Forest 7, Zac Taylor 300+ yards, and pitt is gonna be 0-3 next week. as huskers will be 3-0

The Stat Boy

World Champion
Picture of NWI
What a freaking train wreck of an offense we have.

Three games -- three touchdowns. The defense and special teams have scored more so far.

Yeah, yeah...we're 3-0. But with the non-conference schedule we played, we darn well BETTER be 3-0. Got two weeks to try and determine whether Bill Callahan still has blood rushing to the brain or not.

Don't forget...this is all on Stevie P.'s head.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Should be 2-1, but the sun shines on a dog's butt every now and then...

I'm surprised they're not asking for Callahan's head on the same silver platter they served Solich's up on.

As for Stevie P... He's another moron who surrounds himself with smart people, so he looks good when they win and has scapegoats when they lose.
Rookie
Our Jr. High team out here could have dont a better offensive job than that. That part of the game is pathetic. And something else thats dissapointing, why do the coaches keep putting Courtney Grixby as punt returner? Ive seen him muff 4 times already then they put Nunn in and he gets a huge return but then they always return to Grixby? But to end on a high note im inpressed with the offense. Big Grin
World Champion
Picture of NWI
And where did we get these guys on the offensive line? Were they waiting in line for the family-size box of extra-hot wings at Buffalo Wild Wings (and if you've ever had to wait for an order at BWW, you'll know what I'm talking about...)? I've seen funeral processions move faster than our offensive line.

Pederson said he wasn't going to stand for medicority, and he appears to be on the right track...for outright awful. We have scored 63 points in three games...in the past we'd have 63 by the fourth quarter of the first game.

Anybody want to take bets that Texas Tech DOESN'T hang another 70 on us in 3 weeks? The way we're playing right now, I see two wins (Baylor/Kansas) in conference play. We MIGHT win one of the other six.

But I guess 6-5 and a Humanitarian Bowl bid beats last year, doesn't it???

Humph....

Junior High
The one redeeming quality of the special teams was the punting game... He did a good job to get the good rolls and keep Pitt deep in their own territory for quite a while.

Offense still sucks pond scum.

quote:
Originally posted by anarchist:
Offense still sucks pond scum.

You don't have to be so nice...

Big Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I agree...how about post-Katrina New Orleans backwash?

Junior High
quote:
You don't have to be so nice...

I had some other choice words, but there's that "no cussing" rule that I chose to abide by...

You want a REAL insult? The Husker offense played like the Minnesota Vikings!

You have no idea how painful saying that is, because I grew up a Vikings fan.