Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Score Predictions for NU vs MU
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Score Predictions for NU vs MU Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
NWI sounds like you are in the 80% of band wagon jumpers waiting to jump back on when they start winning championships. The real fans are excited about the huskers finish to the season. Look at where the were the first few games of the season and now look at how they are playing. There is a big improvement. Say what you want but CU was not in a melt down until the Huskers got ahold of them. Give the Huskers some credit for that meltdown. Tell Penn State and Ohio State that Michigan is overrated. PSU lost and OSU had to come from behind to win and both of these teams are in the BCS bowls.

Maybe we can find room for you on the bandwagon someday. If you can catch up.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Here's what I liked most about that game. Michigan clearly had superior talent on the field. Their lines were bigger, their receivers faster, their depth was clearly superior. And yet we STILL kept making plays. Blake Teidtke...who the hell is he? Adam Ickes...his hometown is smaller than a Super Wal-Mart, and he is having two separate surgeries in the next few days. Lance Brandenburgh is a sophomore who was third string LB when the season started. Was Adam Carriker recruited by any D1 schools OTHER THAN Nebraska?

Since that Colorado game in 2001, there have been quite a few times where it looked like NU started giving up when we got behind. Well, there was no giving up the other night. A friend of my dad's went to the Fiesta Bowl where we beat Florida, and he said the difference in size was amazing...it looked like a high school team against a college team. I saw that same size disparity in the Alamo Bowl the other night, only this time the "high school" team won...on sheer guts and determination. THAT is what Husker football is all about.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
granby...I was on the bandwagon LOOOOOOOOONG before you were, and I'm still a fan that has been frustrated for the last year and a half and is happy to see that progress is being made (even if it is at the hands of one of Steve Pedersen's boys).

CU was already in meltdown mode the previous week against Iowa State. We merely helped speed the process along so that, by the time Texas got a hold of them, they were as soft as a baby's behind. They were in the middle of a 220-minute span where they failed to find the end zone, and that started after the first quarter of the Iowa State game, not during our game.

As far as the Big 10 goes...EVERYBODY in that conference is overrated. The Big 10 (plus Purdon't) has been that way for a long time. It's a conference the Big Media loves to prop up, but aside from Ohio State winning a national title a couple years back (and Michigan getting half of one from the bonehead sportswriters in '97), no Big 10 team has won a national title since the freakin' NINETEEN SIXTIES. The Big Media likes to say that Penn State (1994) and Michigan (1997) were cheated out of national titles by Nebraska (1994 because Dr. Tom was a "sympathy" vote after being so close so many times, 1997 because Osborne was retiring). The Big 10 isn't nearly the big dog they like to think they are in football (basketball, yes...wrestling, most definitely...).

Don't play the bandwagon card here, chief...I'm a 35-year member and root for the kids (maybe not the AD) to do their best, and I don't plan on getting off anytime soon.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
AIM: Online Status For Spartan69ALM04
I gotta disagree, on a few points.... I think CU was more motivated after the ISU game than before it, and They hit meltdown mode after Barnett Cried like a little girl about us running no huddle before halftime...

And Michigan was a team that was finally at full strength for the first time in the season for our game, And Played Ohio State and Notre Dame just as close as they did us and actually handed PSU their only loss with a team that was EXTREMELY injury plagued...

I agree that the big10 is overrated but Michigan with a healthy Hart and OLine is a top10 team this year and would without a doubt be in a BCS game without those injuries...

Personally I have never seen a team improve so much within a 6 weeks time and that falls on the coaches..

And hate pederson as much as you want but He got the job done
Varsity Letterman
Have to agree SO404...both CU and Michigan were as close to 100% as they had been all year, and I haven't seen a team do a 180 like that in six weeks. I'm not a huge Pedersen fan either, but I will give credit where credit is due...the coaches really got these guys ready to play.

World Champion
Picture of HB
If you want some insight into the turnaround here's some things to think about. After the Kansas game I was told the players were read the "riot act" in a fiery speech and called out on on their crappy play and lack of heart. I was not told who this person was but that we would be surprised by who did this. It turns out that person was none other than Bill Callahan. My understanding is that Callahan has always been a person that has avoided confrontation so for him to do this took a lot of moxy. He let the players do some of the talking and the expectations were reaffirmed. They also changed some methods of how they practice and put the three young offensive tackles into the lineup. All those kids brought some much needed energy that Seppo and CT didn't provide. But IMO Callahan's closed door speech was what turned this all around. It was the first time he stepped up and took the leadership role as the man for this program and the kids won the last 3 games for him. Keep in mind this is only BC's 4th year as a head coach in any program-he is learning and its starting to pay off.
Varsity Letterman
I like that BC has figured out that college players are a lot different than pro players. Pro football is a business, and college football is based more on emotion and a sense of urgency, because these players have at most five years to accomplish what they can. I think BC is a completely different coach than when he first got here.