Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Football Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Football Questions Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
2 things came on TV today that bring up questions for me.

!. When I saw the blurb that Maurice Clarett (ex Ohio State) is being sought by authorities I reminded me of another kid who was All World as a freshman and never panned out. He went to school at Oklahoma U after a great high school career in Mississippi. He ended up going back to Southern Miss but never did much for them either. It seems like his first name was Marcus, but I can't remember his last name. Who is he?

2. This is much more important because it may mean rewriting the record books. It popped into my mind when I saw the replay of Doug Flutie drop kicking an extra point. In 1962 I had a kid at Belle Plaine, IA High School drop an extra point. In 1996 my son, Jim, was coaching 8 man football at Bartlett (Wheeler Central) and he had a kid drop an extra point. We have decided that sometimes people just claim records and hope no one disproves them. Unless we hear something to the contrary from one of you football junkies out there we are going to claim the record as the only father-son drop kicking coach combo in history. The first 500 of you that respond that you are sure we are it will receive a 15% discount on the T shirts that we will have printed. (Tee Hee). Don't delay.

Frank Ryan
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
The only thing missing from Doug Flutie's drop-kick today was a special appearance by Ray Nitzschke, asking, "What the hell was that?" and "How many points is that worth?"

All that's left now is for him to drop-kick the winning field goal in Super Bowl XL.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
The running back's name was Marcus Dupree.
State Qualifier
Thanks Lance.
That had been driving me crazy(ier) trying to remember.
Happy New Year.