Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Monday night football
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday night football Login/Join

Novice
AIM: Online Status For cntlwrstlr130
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Who is playing tonight? And who is going to win?
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Green Bay Packers and the Tennessee Titans are playing tonight on Monday.

The Green Bay packers are a three point favorite but I think the Packers will win by 20 or 30 because the Titans are falling apart.

The Stat Boy

Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
I don't think you can say that the Packers are playing that well either right now, but I do think that the Packers will win tonight by 7.

Chad Mattox
<kman>
This is an interesting matchup...both teams are in a dire need for a win. McNair should be back in the lineup and provide a huge emotional boost for his team. Chris Brown is DTD but should play...can the Tennessee receivers expose Green Bay's porous secondary? Tennessee can't stop the run as evidenced by Tomalinson's monster day against them a few weeks ago. Ahman Green is a big physical back who should give the Titans fits. However, the Packers look very mortal at home, but they should still be able to knock off the Titans tonight. I like the Packers in a bit of a track meet 34-21.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
After witnessing Sunday's meltdown in Seattle, I question whether the Seahawks are even Super Bowl contenders anymore.

The Hawks are up 27-10 with 5 1/2 minutes left. FIVE AND A HALF MINUTES. The Rams score a couple of quick touchdowns to get within 27-24, but Seattle has the ball with 2:45 to play and has a first down and the Rams have NO TIMEOUTS.

Now, if you're a coach in this situation, what play do you call? A running play to get the clock to the 2 minute warning, right?

Not if you're Mike Holmgren...he calls for a pass over the middle that is thrown poorly.

NOW he goes with a run, so it's 3rd and long at the 2 minute warning. Rams bring the house, Hasselbeck fumbles but a teammate recovers.

Now, the Rams have about 1:20 left to get into position for a field goal or score the game winner. Seattle opts for a soft zone, and the Rams burn yards fast and get the game-tying field goal with 12 seconds left.

We go to OT, Rams win toss, burn a safety over the middle for a 52-yard score. Rams 33, Seahawks 27...good night, drive safely and don't forget your Kum 'N Go coozies as you leave the stadium, folks.

With a game at New England this Sunday, I fear a meltdown may be in order. I'll be hiding behind the couch if you need me....

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<LATE>
NWI, COME ON NOW DON'T BE A BANDWAGON FAN. IT'S A LONG SEASON AND SEATTLE IS STILL IN GOOD POSITION. GOOD TO SEE YOU HUMBLED THOUGH. ANY HOW MY STEELERS ARE 4-1 AND THEIR YOUNG QB IS GETTING THE EXPERIENCE THAT WILL CERTAINLY HELP IN THE PLAYOFFS. GO BLACK AND GOLD. TITANS WILL WIN TONIGHT. MCNAIR IS BACK AND THAT SPELLS TROUBLE FOR THE PACKERS DEFENSE. WILL PROBABLY BE A HIGH SCORING AFFAIR. TITANS 35 PACKERS31
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
I couldn't believe how good the Titans came out and played on Monday....or maybe I can't believe how badly the Packers played. Either way, didn't expect that to happen.

Chad Mattox
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Ahman's got a bad case of the dropsies again, like it was when he was first starting off in Seattle.

After Sunday, though, I'd still be willing to trade him for Mike Holmgren.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<LATE>
WHAT NO COMMENTS ON MY PREDICTION?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
GO LIONS!!!! Roy Williams should return from his ankle injury this week. Lion had a big win over 4-0, now 4-1, Falcons. Joey can throw, Roy and Hakim can catch, and Pinner is doing a great job as Jones' replacement at running back. Detroits defence is a little weak, but I speculate that it will get better as the season progresses. As for the Steelers LATE, Roethlisberger was one of my favorite quarterbacks to watch last year in college, when he led Miami(OH) on tear last year and he is still one of my favorite quarterbacks to watch in pro-ball as well. I do believe I read somewhere that including last year with Red Hawks and this year, Roethlisberger is on a 15 game win streak as a starter. One more thing to add...Green Bay at Detroit this week!!!

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.