Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    SUPER BOWL XL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SUPER BOWL XL Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
You know what...I'm disappointed the Seahawks didn't seal the deal, but all things considered it was a great day, a fun game to watch, and we FINALLY got a halftime show worth paying attention to. The Stones should play halftime at EVERY Super Bowl until either Mick, Keith or Ron croak (Charlie Watts has looked like he's one step away since about the mid 80's).

Gotta give props to the Steelers -- they overcame their slow start, took advantage of some Seattle mistakes and crappy officiating, made a couple of big plays and got the one for the thumb.

The officiating wasn't the worst I've seen in an NFL game, but was one of the worst in Super Bowl history. Seattle got jobbed out of one touchdown and a probable second thanks to crappy officiating, and I'm still not convinced Big Ben's stretch for the goal line reached the line in the first half. I'm not going to use that as an excuse for the final outcome.

Looking forward to the Seahawks' return to The Show next February in Miami...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
GO STEELERS! A great win on an off day...if Ben is right the game is not even close!

Have a terrible town to dry your eyes Bird Fans!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Way to pile on to the back of the bandwagon...sheesh.

Don't break your ankle falling off the back side.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Wo now wo now. I didnt see one thing with thee officiating. Maybe two QUESTIONABLE calls but the refs arent robots that can see every inch of every play. Thats gotta come into thought some of the time. GREAT GAME THOUGH!