Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Debate on Thursday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Debate on Thursday Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Anybody have any thoughts on the debate on Thursday? Kinda seemed like Kerry was a little better than Bush, but I don't know if that means anything though. Just wanted to know what people thought of it...

Chad Mattox
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
As far as the debate itself went, Kerry was much more polished than Bush and seemed to have the better of things. Had Bush performed better and seemed a little less tense, this election would have been over. Now, Kerry's been given enough rope to tie a knot and hang on a little longer.

I'm still not too thrilled about a guy who changes positions the way Kerry has. He even did it during the debate -- said the Iraq war was a mistake but when asked if the 1,000-plus soldiers who were killed were mistakes, he said no.

WHAT????

Of course, Bush stuttered and stammered his way through some of the questions, leaving me wondering if this was the President of the United States or Mel Tillis. I kept waiting for him to break into a Porky Pig impression..."ah-buh-deeb, ah-buh-deeb, ah-that's all folks."

(Cue the Warner Brothers tune here)

I'm interested in the Cheney-Edwards debate Tuesday. While it doesn't mean a whole lot (they are vice-presidents, after all), it will be interesting to see if Cheney's cool demeanor will be able to handle the wild-eyed Edwards. I get the feeling that if Edwards starts playing the attack dog card he's going to get caned by Cheney.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Yes I would agree that on Tuesday that Mr. Edwards might be facing an uphill task trying to outsmart Cheney. I think that this debate, even though some feel it is non-important, could be very important for both sides. Cheney seems to be the more intelligent of the two vice-presidential candidates plus he has tremendous amounts of experience in the political field. I also think that this debate can also take some heat off of Kerry's performance (not saying it was great or anything but I did think he was more polished of the two) and help out Bush if Cheney does well.

Chad Mattox
<whatrockis>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
The thing about Edwards that you have to consider is his background. While he certainly hasn't been in the game of politics as long as Chaney, he has spent years as a trial lawyer. A debate is the perfect forum for Edwards to shine. He is a great speaker who can handle himself out there better than anyone. It is these reasons why I would NEVER buy a used car from John Edwards.
Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
I think Tuesdays debate might help or hurt one of the campaigns because last weeks debate didn't do anything except make Kerry look like a Conservative and not such a Liberal Lerch. Hopefully the differences will be revealed in the upcoming debates starting with the Veeps. If Edwards can continue the cover-up, they will stay alive!!!