Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    How bout them huskers!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bout them huskers! Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Better lucky than good i guess huh, but how bout Zac Taylor 422 yards or whatever it was. Thats something husker fans have never seen in there 112 year history. And the Blackshirts impress me once again.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I agree with you in every single way, it's a bunch of crazy stuff happenned today, and they beat the 23rd best team in America, pretty darn good for our Huskers here in Nebraska.

The Stat Boy

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Luck really had nothing to do with this victory. From the coaches having a game plan and "sticking to it", to showing WE BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER. The Huskers showed a ton of heart.
Both teams got some breaks and for the first time in 1 1/2 season the Huskers took advantage of them. They could have folded several times, especially when Taylor fumbled on the busted play in the fourth.
One thing that really drives me crazy is this announcer Jim Rose, for god sakes what gae is he watching. I actually heard him state that the fans were not into the game. Well I set right next to the visiting teams ticket allotment section surrounded by mainly 60ish folks and for the 1st time in around 5 years these folks were on their feet yelling and screaming, high fiving, and generally having the best time I have seen for at least 5 years.
Rose makes bad call after bad call, 1 really sticks out. it was ISU ball in the 4th and they were facing 4 and 7 from the NU 30 yard line, ISU takes a time out. About 15 seconds in to the time out Rose is saying it is to far for the field goal attempt so on comes the punter. There was no one on the field from ISU, Meyer is in the huddle with the rest of the offense and the kickers are no where to be seen. As the offense comes back on the feild he makes the remark "well ISU has decided to go for it now"
What frekin game does this guy watch, if you go to the games and do not take a radio DO SO you will be amazed.
God Bless Lyle B.

hawk

Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
quote:
Originally posted by hawk:
Luck really had nothing to do with this victory. From the coaches having a game plan and "sticking to it", to showing WE BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER. The Huskers showed a ton of heart.
Both teams got some breaks and for the first time in 1 1/2 season the Huskers took advantage of them. They could have folded several times, especially when Taylor fumbled on the busted play in the fourth.
One thing that really drives me crazy is this announcer Jim Rose, for god sakes what gae is he watching. I actually heard him state that the fans were not into the game. Well I set right next to the visiting teams ticket allotment section surrounded by mainly 60ish folks and for the 1st time in around 5 years these folks were on their feet yelling and screaming, high fiving, and generally having the best time I have seen for at least 5 years.
Rose makes bad call after bad call, 1 really sticks out. it was ISU ball in the 4th and they were facing 4 and 7 from the NU 30 yard line, ISU takes a time out. About 15 seconds in to the time out Rose is saying it is to far for the field goal attempt so on comes the punter. There was no one on the field from ISU, Meyer is in the huddle with the rest of the offense and the kickers are no where to be seen. As the offense comes back on the feild he makes the remark "well ISU has decided to go for it now"
What frekin game does this guy watch, if you go to the games and do not take a radio DO SO you will be amazed.
God Bless Lyle B.

Wow, I can really tell you put your thought and input into this game. Well from my recolection this is what I got.

I didn't get to see the whole game cause i was downtown yesterday, but I saw the first 7 minutes. My amazement was Taylors accuracy, I mean 7 for 7 and a first drop, (an it should have been a catch), and I noticed Huskers didn't have a Running Game, so I was confused.

Some may call it LUCK, but I call it, well Luck yeah.

The Stat Boy

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
quote:
Wow, I can really tell you put your thought and input into this game. Well from my recolection this is what I got.

I didn't get to see the whole game cause i was downtown yesterday, but I saw the first 7 minutes. My amazement was Taylors accuracy, I mean 7 for 7 and a first drop, (an it should have been a catch), and I noticed Huskers didn't have a Running Game, so I was confused.

Stat Boy

So Stat Boy what are you being derogatory in you comment that you could tell I put my thought into the game?

I can tell you that I have attended at least 3 NU homes games since 1968 and then the duck hunting kicks in so I have seen the VERY GOOD and the VERY BAD in those years. You must realize that this is a new system and that while it is suppose to be balanced the coaches had a game plan (throw the ball) and stuck with it unlike last year at ISU where they ran the ball until they were in a hole.
This team shows a ton of heart and for the most part they players and coaches are on the same page. (the time outs are getting a bit old). Unlike last year when you could tell we did not have any team chemistry. Take a few moments away from your key board and turn on the coaches show, read the sports page you might find out that they are doing what they need to win games. While not always being pretty and running for 350 yards a game a win is a win and LUCK had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
I am betting you did not even understand the comment on Lyle B. did you? If you didn't go get some old tapes of games and give them a listen. I would have loved to heard LB give the call last night on Ross's run. Heres a hint SB, MAN WOMAN AND CHILD DID THAT PUT EM IN THE AISLES.
Best of luck this season Wink

hawk

Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
quote:
quote:

Stat Boy

So Stat Boy what are you being derogatory in you comment that you could tell I put my thought into the game?

I can tell you that I have attended at least 3 NU homes games since 1968 and then the duck hunting kicks in so I have seen the VERY GOOD and the VERY BAD in those years. You must realize that this is a new system and that while it is suppose to be balanced the coaches had a game plan (throw the ball) and stuck with it unlike last year at ISU where they ran the ball until they were in a hole.
This team shows a ton of heart and for the most part they players and coaches are on the same page. (the time outs are getting a bit old). Unlike last year when you could tell we did not have any team chemistry. Take a few moments away from your key board and turn on the coaches show, read the sports page you might find out that they are doing what they need to win games. While not always being pretty and running for 350 yards a game a win is a win and LUCK had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
I am betting you did not even understand the comment on Lyle B. did you? If you didn't go get some old tapes of games and give them a listen. I would have loved to heard LB give the call last night on Ross's run. Heres a hint SB, MAN WOMAN AND CHILD DID THAT PUT EM IN THE AISLES.
Best of luck this season Wink

Ok, I have been to about 7 Husker games, and all of them 2 years ago, so that puts you in the whole, anything else HAWK, Smile

The Stat Boy

quote:
Heres a hint SB, MAN WOMAN AND CHILD DID THAT PUT EM IN THE AISLES.

Just don't add "Monkey" to any of the calls...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
RR, now, now, I think you might have LB confused with that Greek Fella! Wouldn't you have loved to have heard him make that call?

SB is that me in a "whole" or did you mean hole? Not real sure what it means either way though, you might want to come a little bit clearer. And I guess you really did not answer the ? I asked. Confused

hawk

Many, many Saturday afternoons listening to Lyle call the Huskers.

Pavelka wasn't bad but these last two...

I can't say or I'd have to delete my own post...

Big Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Pavelka had a big problem in that he thought HE was the Huskers. The guy had - and still has - an incredible ego which is probably why Paul Aaron wouldn't hire him when Pinnacle got the rights to Husker football.

Warren Swain wasn't so bad, I thought. He was easy to listen to and wasn't such a butt-kissing homer like Pavelka. The only critique I have about Jim Rose is that he tries too hard to be colorful and sometimes loses track of things.

Lyle Bremser is the standard by which Husker fans gauge their play-by-play guys, and nobody could touch the guy. He had the gift...

As for yesterday's game -- the offense finally showed some moments of brilliance, but still a long ways to go. Remember -- over half of our points were scored in overtime when we only had 25 yards to go. If our points-to-yards ratio were the same during regulation...it would have been a typical Husker blowout of the Clones.

We'll find out what we're made of next week with T-Tech coming to town. Hope the scoreboard operator doesn't fall asleep...could be a wild one.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Lyle Bremser was easily the greatest. Pavelka would go overboard every once in a while, but he brought genuine enthusiasm to the game, and because of that I could forgive him for occasionally screwing up who ran or caught the ball. Swain had a good voice, but was just too "blah"...he tried to become more of a homer later on but it sounded forced. When Rose gets excited, he sounds like a school girl on helium.

And by the way, that was Howard Cosell with the "monkey" comment. Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder gave the history lesson on black genetics.
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
quote:
over half of our points were scored in overtime when we only had 25 yards to go.

Yes, the red zone, which is exactly where we needed to get the monkey off our backs, so to speak. I believe the ot win will pay dividends in the long run for us.