Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Never Forget...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Never Forget... Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
You've probably seen it but it's worth the time to let it load again.

Never forget 9/11/01

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Saw a "highlight" reel on FoxNews this morning...I still remember where I was and what I was doing on that day, and I'll never forget the sense of helplessness that gripped this country on that day.

If only Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Robert Byrd, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Bill Maehr, Michael Moore and some of the other liberal blowhards in this country had the same memory of that day.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Well, I suppose you could call me one of those liberal blowhards, as I don't agree at all with the way this whole mess has played out, and I think we could all agree that it's a mess. No, it's not totally "our" fault that it's a mess, but it is nonetheless. I just can't get into the whole "Kill 'em all" attitude. I lost my white hood, robe, and swastika armband quite a while ago.

Don't get me wrong. I could think of nothing better than if terrorism were eradicated. I think we should use every resourse wiselyto do so. I don't think that those who commit acts of terrorism should receive any mercy from any court anywhere--that would be the conservative in me. And yes, I said court. A thought-out, planned, dignified system of convicting somebody. Last summer, I visited ground zero in New York, and it had a profound effect on me, as I finally saw what religious exremisim (not Islam) is capable of.

I guess as I think back on what happened, and considering the way I feel about terrorists, the only questions I have are:

If Saudi Nationals with ties to Egypt flew airplanes into American targets, why invade Iraq? Gee-Dubs promised to go after countries that harbored these people, so let's put our money where our mouth is and send "smoke 'em out" in Africa and Arabian peninsula as well!When the Nazis invaded Europe, I remember the Allies planning to conquer the country where the Nazis mostly lived. Radical concept, I know.

Why can't George Bush just accept the fact that terrorists from the Middle East don't give a flying screw about our freedoms and way of life, and that they attack us because they view us as imperialists? Can we please get over ourselves a little bit, here? We live in a great country, but if you've traveled, you'll realize that people all over the world aspire for the same things we do. We're very lucky, and don't misunderstand, I'm grateful to live here.

If I could get answers from president Carl Rove on only those issues, I'm sure I'd be satisfied, but until then, save the whales!!!
(Just kidding, I'd hunt my butt off if I had the time, skill, and resources, and there's nothing better than pulling a fat walleye out of a lake!)
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
I have never seen that before, I remember what I was doing.

I was on a school bus on my way to school when we went by Affut Air Force Base, and I saw some plane landing that had Air Force One on the side, then I heard over the radio the world trade center was hit by planes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

The Stat Boy

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Ummm...the first plane hit the North Tower of the World Trade Center at about 7:40 a.m. Central Time. Air Force One, with President Bush aboard, didn't land in Omaha until after noon. Your bus must have been running awfully late...
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
Sorry bout that, it was true, except I remember I was coming home from a field trip from some place, IDK, but I saw the plane landing, in Belleveue, and I went to Mission Middle School, and I ain't lying.

The Stat Boy

Watch your language Stat Boy.

And please enlighten us as to where it says "Air Force One" on this plane that could be read from a bus passing by Offut Air Force Base.

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
It's etched in the cigarette tray in the lavatory.

Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
Seriousley guys, I ain't even lying, I was riding along the side of Offut Air Force Base, and I could barely read, Air Force One on the side, I am not lying people.

The Stat Boy

Still having a tough time seeing it even in this "big" photo.

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Seriousley guys, I ain't even lying, I was riding along the side of Offut Air Force Base, and I could barely read, Air Force One on the side, I am not lying people.

I will have to have a conversation with my younger brother who teaches at Mission Middle. Always thought you needed to be able to read to make it that far in Bellevue Public Schools!
Rookie
Hey now lets not get personal.
Rookie
Even though it was a REALLY big picture
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
I will have to have a conversation with my younger brother who teaches at Mission Middle. Always thought you needed to be able to read to make it that far in Bellevue Public Schools!

Go ahead and have a conversation, anyways what was his name, I went there in the 7th grade which was like 4 years ago.

The Stat Boy

Junior High
quote:
And please enlighten us as to where it says "Air Force One" on this plane that could be read from a bus passing by Offut Air Force Base.

"Air Force One" is the call sign given to any United States Air Force aircraft carrying the President of the United States.

Likewise "Air Force Two" carries the Vice President.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
What do they call the one that carries Ted Kennedy...Air Force 80 Proof?

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
"Air Force One Big Mother"