Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    YANKEES and SOONERS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YANKEES and SOONERS Login/Join

<OU Sooners>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Man the Yankees are spanking the Sox, and the Sooners are on a roll....Its been a good year (so far Wink
<Guest>
Being a hardcore Red Sox fan, I resent that. But you're right, the Sox are playing way below par, even compared to their other years in the ALCS.
<Guest>
RED SOX!!!!
<cenwrstlr125>
But... Looks like my sox are in the series and the yankees are breakin out the checkbook in the offseason.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
After the 1994 strike, I pretty much lost interest in major league baseball. But after watching the Red Sox drag the Yankees out and bludgeon them in their own crib, I am going to make an effort to watch as much of the World Series as I can.

How refreshing to see the best team money can buy -- allegedly -- get slapped and not even make it to the Big Show. The National League representative -- St. Louis or Houston -- will be nice to see representing the senior circuit, because the Cards haven't been there in many a moon and the Astros' last trip to the Series was -- well -- never.

But to see the Yankees and all that high-priced egocentric talent not only get beat -- but beaten FOUR STRAIGHT TIMES after going up 3-0, made the sport worth watching again.

Let this be a lesson to y'all...money may buy talent, but money is always trumped by determination, hard work and a heaping helping of good ol' fashioned faith.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
A few out-of-this-world performances by Schilling, Damon, and Ortiz (among others) didn't hurt either!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
When Schilling came up with that super-human performance in Game 6, you had to figure that fate was finally smiling on Boston. That was Boston's version of Willis Reed limping on to the floor at Madison Square Garden in the NBA finals.

And what impressed me even more was that, in his post-game interview, he gave all the glory to God. That had to be the effort of the series.

Junior Varsity
Being a firm believer that the Yankees are destroying the game of baseball last night's game was AWESOME! It also supported my hypothesis that it is impossible to win a Game 7 after losing a close or emotional Game 6. No one will even remember there was a Game 7, but everyone will remember Schilling's amazing performance like we remember Bill Buckner, the call at 1st in the '85 series, Steve Bartman, and for me the way Robb Nen blew it when my Giants were in the World Series.
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
I am a die-hard Red Sox fan (hence my name) and that was awesome to witness that game last night. No, the Yankees will not go away and the Yankees have been so much better over the years, but at least for one season the Red Sox can say that they were the best in the American League, and the Yankees can do nothing about it!

Chad Mattox
World Champion
Picture of NWI
But you know George will go out and try to buy another pennant next year.

Geez...after the last four years of buying his way to runner-up finishes, you'd think he'd figure out that it takes a little more than caysh to win the ring.

<LATE>
GEORGE NEEDS TO GO OUT AND BUY A GOOD FARM SYSTEM. HIS BIGGEST PROBLEM THIS YEAR WAS WHEN HE NEEDED TO MAKE AN AQUISITION TO BOLSTER HIS TEAM DOWN THE STRETCH, HE HAD NOTHING TO OFFER OTHER TEAMS THAT DIDN'T COME ALONG WITH A TON OF BAGGAGE ERRR MONEY. HE HAD NO BARGANING POWER BECAUSE OF HIS STRATEGY TO BUY THE BEST TEAM INSTEAD OF DEVELOP THE BEST TEAM. ALSO HIS PEOPLE SKILLS ARE IN NEED OF A MAJOR OVERHAUL. IF HE TREATED THE PEOPLE HE HAS WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY THEN HE WOULD GET ALOT MORE OUT OF THEM. HE FEELS THAT HE PAYS THEM ENOUGH MONEY SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TREAT THEM LIKE HUMAN BEINGS. POOR FORMULA FOR SUCCESS! LATE
Novice
Let's see, the Yankees are the best team money can buy, yet where did Schilling come from? or Ramirez or the shortstop, or the lights out closer? Schilling said he knew the only reason he was bought was to beat the Yankees? Maybe the Yankees haven't been shopping well enough lately and the Red Sox are the best team 'money' can buy
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
I'll agree with LATE's assessment on the Yankees that they did not have a good farm system. It will be interesting to see who goes to the Yanks in the offseason. Randy Johnson, Carlos Beltran, and even Pedro Martinez have been rumored. It would be nice to see these players not go there, but the dollar amounts offered might be too much to pass up.

Chad Mattox
<gocke>
he ought to buy the royals. They are the biggest farm system in the world. Look at all the talent that leaves KC.
<Guest>
You Yankee haters sound identicle to the skut haters: like little babies.
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
There is always a little jealousy when it comes to talking about the Red Sox and the Yankees. The Yankees have been so good for such a long time that it is only human to be envious of their situation. That's life, everyone wants to take down the champion. The Yankees have been the organization that have done whatever it takes to be a champion, and baseball would not be as good without them. I just like to see a few teams (most notably the Red Sox) win a few World Series every now and then!

Chad Mattox