Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Playin' catch with the Giants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playin' catch with the Giants Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Novice
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
You've just got to have priorities....
Rookie
That is pathetic.

No wonder so many kids have this warped sense of entitlement. It's coming from their teachers. Didn't see anywhere that they had an "appointment" or a specific scheduled time. They just thought they were entitled to it.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
I pray that I sense sarcasm.......

1/20/09--The End of an Error.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SlvrHwk,
Junior High
Talk about your cruel sense of irony!
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
quote:
No wonder so many kids have this warped sense of entitlement. It's coming from their teachers.

Really....I guess from now on I won't feel "entitled" to having students respect my due dates, do the assigned work I give, or feel "entitled" that my wrestlers should work hard because I ask them to. I guess from now on, I'll just be thankful that they all come to school, can find my classroom, and give them all A's, because that's good enough. Roll Eyes

I cannot believe that I should expect and feel "entitled" to such outlandish things.........
Rookie
No sarcasm here.

Take your blinders off Finley. If the person in the White House has a "D" after his name, you wouldn't have even considered posting this.

Assignments and rules are entirely different than thinking you are entitled to an audience with the President.

And bawling because it did not happen? Give me a break.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOH,
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
I wouldn't have had to--plenty of others would have beaten me to it.

And the bawling thing--that was a bit much. Wasted tears, if you ask me..........
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Just heard back from one of our teachers who earned one of the awards and was on the trip. According to him, they were told that they would get an audience with GW. Of course, he was playin' catch with Eli.

I remain skeptical, others, well............
Novice
quote:
Originally posted by SlvrHwk:
Just heard back from one of our teachers who earned one of the awards and was on the trip. According to him, they were told that they would get an audience with GW. Of course, he was playin' catch with Eli.

I remain skeptical, others, well............

Give me a break. If a donkey passed gas in Mexico, President Bush would be blamed. I am sure that all of the liberal teachers who didn't meet with the President cried and cried, but what would they have to complain about if the President had met with them.

I know that we conservatives are not smart enough to think for ourselves, but the "pied piper" in the picture looks a lot like someone leading his arrogant herd away from those bitter, religious, gun-toting, blue collar voters.
State Qualifier
quote:

Who told them that they would have an audience with the president? It is a long standing tradition that presidents meet with national championship teams, Super Bowl winners, World Series winners, etc.

Were you as critical of all the previous presidents for doing this?
Every time they did this it meant that some group that was in DC that day didn't get the chance to meet with the president.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
OK, I'm done. He's the best, can do no wrong.

Among many other things, 935 lies and an unwanted neck-rub of a world leader filmed for the world to see..........

What flavor is the kool-aid?
Novice
quote:
OK, I'm done. He's the best, can do no wrong.

Among many other things, 935 lies and an unwanted neck-rub of a world leader filmed for the world to see..........

What flavor is the kool-aid?

You obviously put this in to get a rise out the "Kool-aid" drinking, "not as smart as we are", Republicans, and it is working. Your sarcasm proves that only our party has had bad presidents, and that, of course, lets Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton off of the hook. Oh, I forgot, Bill is on the outs with those on the far-left.

How did you have time to count the "935" lies while drinking champagne and eating caviar? Meanwhile, we (those lowly Republicans) were being led down the path of conservatism, because, of course, we are too dumb to think for ourselves, and must rely on retorts from liberals to keep us in line!
State Qualifier
The kool aid drinkers seem to be content to make their decisions based on, "A guy told me....", "Everybody knows....." "A reliable source reported ......". The non-kool aid drinkers prefer to get the facts before making decisions. That's why I asked who told them they would have an audience with the president. By the way, I haven't received an answer.

In answer to your question about the flavor of the kool aid, it seems to be sour grape.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
"The information we were provided upon embarking for the trip included a trip to the White House including congratulatory greetings from the President......."

Now, I realize that Eli Manning is a super-nice guy, but wouldn't your arm get tired after four hours of playing catch? Maybe he wanted to see how resilient those teachers were. But hey, who cares if they had to spend four hours on a bus!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SlvrHwk,
Novice
quote:
"The information we were provided upon embarking for the trip included a trip to the White House including congratulatory greetings from the President......."

Now, I realize that Eli Manning is a super-nice guy, but wouldn't your arm get tired after four hours of playing catch? Maybe he wanted to see how resilient those teachers were. But hey, who cares if they had to spend four hours on a bus!

SlvrHwk--why did you edit out the statements that admitted that you have some "moderate" and "right" leanings, too. We all have left, right, and moderate views on different subjects, but I thought that you were offering the hand of friendship across the aisle to a fellow wrestling coach, who happened to be a Republican, then taking it away by deleting it. I also appreciated that we admitted that both parties had some "not so good" presidents. I am not much of a fan of sarcasm, though I use it in retaliation at times. I know or imagine that you put these views on here to get reactions, but I like Frank Ryan's approach, which is more of a positive message, while getting us to think. I would imagine that an intelligent teacher and coach like you could motivate us without some of the sarcasm. Hope you have a great summer!
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Oops---I don't know what happened there--I didn't realize that I edited it that much. Like you, I like to use sarcasm as well....

Anyway, to reinstate, I do have conservative views. Growing up Catholic, that's just the way it goes. I don't agree with them all, but some I value. In any case, my biggest thing is the way that we are sometimes represented by our current and past presidents. I know, I know, some will say "it's the Congress that makes the rules...." Having spent a lot of time in Europe and in contact with those from across the pond, I can tell you that they don't react to what Congress does or says.....

Well, that's all. Munster, did you watch the Daily Show clip yet? It's a true classic!

You have a great summer as well!
Rookie
quote:
I pray that I sense sarcasm.......

1/20/09--The End of an Error.

Let's see, teachers or Medal of Honor Receipients? But I guess there is a D behind his name.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8627
Rookie
Oh, Finley boy, care to comment on this one too (probably not, he hasn't chimed in on the one above in the last 5+ months)? Now we have fallen police officers vs the Phillies...

quote:
For those of you who do not know, I was in Washington D.C. this past week,
May 10-16 for "police week." It is a week to honor those who have made the
ultimate sacrifice while serving as a law enforcement officer in the United
States. I attended with the Honor Guard team from my police department

The week is filled with various events to honor fallen police officers
and their families.To provide you with Just a little background, May
15 was established by President John Kennedy as "Peace Officers
Memorial Day" and the calendar week of May 15 is known as "Police Week"
according to presidential proclamation 537.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=24099

The point of this email is to inform you of something I believe
everyone should be aware of. President Barrack Obama did not attend
this event. This may seem insignificant, but every year for at the past
21 years the president, regardless of political affiliation, has given
a speech on May 15 on the steps of the U.S. capitol to the family
members of fallen hero's.

I am sure the president has more pressing issues to focus on than
attending a ceremony for the widows, parents, and children of fallen
police officers. It is understandable he may have needed to miss the
ceremony for a more urgent matter and I say that with all seriousness.
But, at the time of the ceremony where do you think Barrack Obama was?
He was giving a tour of the White House to the 2008 world series
champion Philadelphia Phillie's. I know the Phillie's are important
and all, but the man could not take 30 minutes out of his day to take
a short car ride 10 minutes down Pennsylvania Ave. to the Capitol,
give a 10 minute speech and then drive back to the white house.

This is not a political issue and has nothing to do with being a
democrat, republican, green party, independent, or whatever other
political affiliation you may have chosen. This is about honoring
fallen officers and paying your respects. It is obvious we know where
Barrack Obama stands when it comes to supporting your local, state, and
federal law enforcement officers.

I feel everyone should know what occurred on May 15, 2009. You will
probably not hear this in the mainstream media so I would encourage you
to share this with anyone and everyone you want.

Thank You,

Matt Young
West Chester, Ohio
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Wow, that's bad.