Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    CWS and New Ballfield
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CWS and New Ballfield Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Curious to people's thoughts on the possibility of a new ballfield at the Qwest for the CWS? I think it should stay at Rosenblatt. I think it is more feasible cost wise. I also think the traffic is going to be a huge nightmare if this goes through.

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt you very much and winning is not very excitingy-dick vermell
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have been going to the CWS for a long time, and I look forward to a new stadium. I have lots of good memories of games at the Blatt, but it wasn't the facility that made those memories. I think the old concourses and old, dirty restrooms will not be missed.

I don't get the concerns about parking/traffic if a new stadium is built downtown. Do people think those situations are good today? I have never parked closer that a half to 3/4 mile from Rosenblatt. Trying to parallel park along all those residential streets is a nightmare. There are a dozen parking facilities in downtown Omaha that will alleviate the parking crunch. If you don't want to pay, there are plenty of streets in NoDo to park and walk like you do today.

Having the CWS in a new stadium, in a downtown environment, with lots of restaurants/hotels nearby, will improve the experience for all fans.

Now if Warren Buffett would just cough up $100 million to pay for it all.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by Bartman:
I have been going to the CWS for a long time, and I look forward to a new stadium. I have lots of good memories of games at the Blatt, but it wasn't the facility that made those memories. I think the old concourses and old, dirty restrooms will not be missed.

I don't get the concerns about parking/traffic if a new stadium is built downtown. Do people think those situations are good today? I have never parked closer that a half to 3/4 mile from Rosenblatt. Trying to parallel park along all those residential streets is a nightmare. There are a dozen parking facilities in downtown Omaha that will alleviate the parking crunch. If you don't want to pay, there are plenty of streets in NoDo to park and walk like you do today.

Having the CWS in a new stadium, in a downtown environment, with lots of restaurants/hotels nearby, will improve the experience for all fans.

Now if Warren Buffett would just cough up $100 million to pay for it all.

Warren called me today to explain the delay in signing my adoption papers. I asked him if he was going to cough up $100,000,000 for the new stadium. He told me that he was waiting to see if Bartman wouldn't cough up $50,000,000.
Rookie
Got to thinking about the parking, and you're right it is a pain down by Rosenblatt. Creighton does have quite a bit of surface/garage parking if they allow it.

I think traffic flow could be an issue, Rosenblatt there were multiple routes to come in on off the interstate, but I'm not sure this is the case with the location in the qwest parking lot. There are some different options, but they all end up converging on the same few streets.

One way they could make some of the money is to charge everyone the $6 for their seat since they are in one of their parking lots Smile

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt you very much and winning is not very excitingy-dick vermell
Rookie
quote:
Warren called me today to explain the delay in signing my adoption papers. I asked him if he was going to cough up $100,000,000 for the new stadium. He told me that he was waiting to see if Bartman wouldn't cough up $50,000,000.

Let me check the change tray in my 1994 Honda Civic (200,000 miles). I may have enough to put us over the top.