Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Very off topic, but I need help.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very off topic, but I need help. Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
My sister is a pharamedic in Mesa, Arizona. Two days ago she had a call and was driving in the Ambulance and was T-boned by another vehicle. The driver, her, and the pacient(sp) are all fine from what ive heard. But what I am wondering is, Why dont they have a law like in Nebraska where you yield the right of way to ambulances and fire trucks? Everyone in the accident could have died. I just thought I'd bring it up and see what everyone thinks. Please, if you know what to do about the laws, help me to keep our pharamedics and fire fighters and police officers alive to protect us. Thank You!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
CEF...I don't know if there is a law regarding it, but it's just common sense to allow emergency vehicles the right of way, regardless of the situation.

Unfortunately, that is the one thing the vast majority of accidents don't have in the equation -- and people who aren't paying attention to the road are the major reason why accidents such as the one involving your sister take place.

I don't know if it's a law or not, but it should be. There also should be a law against being a moron, but unfortunately you can't legislate stupidty.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

is this april? if its her, im sure she got out to see if the driver was ok first, then proceeded to beat the crap of him/her.....then applied aid to them.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Rookie
Yes it was april. And she almost did beat the driver haha. And thatk you NWI for the insight. I did find out that they do have a law against that but no one follows it. But now they are trying to stricken the law.

you need to go and A-Town-Stomp the driver! Them run around the van and do the mormon shuffle and get Hoeck yelled at again!

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Rookie
haha yeah i do ohh man good times!