Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Is anybody actually LISTENING.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is anybody actually LISTENING..... Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
...to John Kerry's speech in Philadelphia Friday morning? Is this guy for real? THIS is the best the Democrats have to run against G.W. in six weeks?

This looks like 70's-era NU vs. Kansas State football. The only difference...K-State was more competitive.

Bewtween he and his butt-grabbing redneck homeboy, there's enough to launch the world's largest hot-air balloon festival.

Wow...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<Guest>
Mike:

Would that post be considered slander if Rome had posted it instead of you?

WWJD
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Considering what the so-called political experts, conservative blowhards and liberal zealots like Michael Moore say about either candidate, that was pretty tame, don't you think?

WWJD? This is a guess, but he'd probably vote for Bush and forgive Kerry and Edwards for all the lies and sky-is-falling rhetoric they've been expelling this past year. Again, this is only a guess...

<whatrockis>
Michael Moore makes me ashamed to call myself a liberal. My only question with him is, does he realize that the only way to get through to the morons in this country is by making sensationalized crap(ironically similar to what Fox news does on a nightly basis), or is he one of the morons himself?

Nope, he's just a moron.

On a better note, if anyone wants to see a good film about politics and that sort of good stuff, see Fog of War. You can get it at any Blockbuster, but if you live in Lincoln I suggest you go to Spindle on 14th and P. It's a great store that sells all sorts of awesome music and also rents great DVD's. Where else can you find all Fugazi on vinyl and any Akira Kurosawa film under the sun? Well not under the sun, but that's a rant for another place and another time.

While I'm recomending things I might as well throw out The People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn. Zinn is a brilliant historian and the book reflects his brilliance.

And I'm done.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Best book this traditionally politically-independent individual has read in a long time is "Deliver Us From Evil" by Sean Hannity. Some great points made about the incompetence of the last two Democratic presidents as it relates to terrorism and the continued maniacal behavior on the part of Kerry, Kennedy, etc.

And after listening to Teddy's mind-numbing rant today, one must question the lucidity (if not the sobriety) of the senior Mass. senator. If he doesn't make independent voters run screaming for the GOP lever in the voting booth, I don't know what would.

<SlvrHwk>
Mikey,
3:27? Man, that's dedication!!!

Hey, what was Kerry saying? I can about imagine. Was it as intelligent as,

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
How about
"If you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."
Or my personal favorite,
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator..."

I figured you'd appreciate these quips!
<whatrockis>
Oh, Sean Hannity or 'The Hammer.' Seriously, what kind of person refers to themselves as 'The Hammer'? Another little tidbit about Hannity, his favorite actor of all time is Chuck Norris. Glad to see he has a true appretiation for the art of cinema.

Whoa Finley, good stuff there too.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
You know...I watch Hannity and Colmes on Fox and listen to his show when I'm on the road, and I have yet to hear him refer to himself as "The Hammer" -- and as for Chuck Norris, that's a quality individual there, cinematic talents notwithstanding.

<whatrockis>
Well, he has called himself 'The Hammer' on air but he has done so numerous times in his books.
<whatrockis>
He hasn't refered to himslef as 'The hammer' on air is what I meant to say.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I just got done reading his latest book and don't recall seeing that in there, either.

<whatrockis>
I believe it was in his first book, but I'm not sure.