Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    KSU Coach Bill Snyder to retire today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KSU Coach Bill Snyder to retire today Login/Join

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
He will have his weekly press conference at I believe 1 p.m. today to announce his retirement

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2224308

(The retirement actually takes place after this week's Missouri game)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lance Stallion,
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Well...that's one Big 12 North coach gone.

Now if only their neighbors to the north would follow suit with their coach AND a.d. ...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
State Champion
Picture of deano
It is a sad day for K-state football, whether u liked him or not, there is no disputing the fact the he was and is a great coach. After watching his press conference i am convinced that he is also a great man. This day is a sad one for me being a KSU fan and i don't know if they will be able to replace him.

Peace

Deano
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Oh, deano -- there is no doubt he was great for KSU football, especially when you consider that KSU was the NATION'S doormat for decades. He won more games than probably every coach in KSU history combined (and if he didn't he probably isn't far off matching that number).

KSU had noplace to go BUT up when Snyder arrived. And he did a great job building a program around decent athletes, padding his win totals playing teams that could be beaten by a group of 50 Huskermat regulars on just about any given Saturday (provided, of course, that Red Rocker is playing linebacker and not showing off his million-peso arm at quarterback...LOL).

As far as a replacement goes, I think there is one available who can help restore KSU's proud tradition as conference doormat. All they have to do is look about six hours to the north for their man...and speaking as one lifelong Husker fan, I'd be only happy to let them take Billah Boy...and Snake Oil Steve as well. They could bring their "avoiding mediocrity" program to K-State and see how well it plays there.

Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Now your talking two for one baby !

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
What I've read is that the job belongs to Oklahoma assistant coach Bret Venables if he wants it.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Saw an interesting graphic on ESPN-U tonight:

Bill Snyder - 17 years, 135 wins, 11 bowl trips, 6 bowl wins, 1 conference title

14 previous coaches - 54 years - 137 wins - 1 bowl trip, 0 bowl wins, 0 conference titles (unless they give one out to the worst team, in which case they would have a gazillion of 'em)

Junior High
The conference doormat position already has 4 members no more room. The only way NU wins is if Ditka suits up for Nebraska.