Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    What????????????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What???????????? Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I need some help in understanding exactly what I saw yesterday...please help me out. I walked out of the house, and about two houses down the street these people had poles for a teepee in their front yard. At the time, I thought nothing of it, I just noticed it. A while later, I walked out again and saw that these people had the poles covered in a cloth made of.........
AMERICAN FLAGS?????
I almost took a picture of it to send in to Letterman or somebody. They definitely win the award for most ignorant of their country's history. What made it more amusing was the fact that the flags were sewn upside down and backwards.

"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it; those who fail to learn history correctly -- why, they are simply doomed."
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hawk...a long time ago I came to the conclusion that, when it comes to ignorance and outright stupidity, there is no ceiling. There is always somebody out there who somehow finds a way to say or do something even more outrageous, idiotic or frightening than has been done before.

That's why I've taken the phrase, "Now I've seen/heard everything" out of my vocabulary -- somehow, I know that no matter how low some people in this goofy world go, there is always somebody right around the corner waiting to go a little lower.

The situation you described is just another example of why the gene pool could use a good cleansing right about now...sheesh!

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Sounds like another "Monument to stupidity"

Dude... Take the picture... Get the moron's name(s) send the picture and all of that info to Letterman, Leno, Kimmell, etc, for public humiliation.

Then send it every veteran's organization (Legion, VFW, DAV, Veteran's Administration, etc) you can think of for education.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people smiling?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
And how about the LJS? They should find this amusing enough to do a story on it.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Well, they took it down the same day, and I was kind of busy, so I didn't get to take the picture. I'm sure the bureau of Native American Affairs would also have been especially perplexed by that one. I'm not sure....maybe somebody said something.

This reminds me of an editorial I read in the LJS last week. A guy from Waverly was ranting about illegal immigrants in the U.S. and questioning why everything (signs, directions, manuals, etc.) had to be in languages other than English. Now, while I do agree that there are definite problems with illegal immigration, I found his arguement against printed materials in other languages amusing. Obviously, this guy had never been to Europe (maybe not even outside of Waverly) and seen that there are signs and documents all over the contintent printed in English, and not just in German, Dutch, Czech, Spainsh, Italian, etc. Hopefully this level of "redneck-dom" never finds its way across the pond.