Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Who represents the AFC in Super Bowl XL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who represents the AFC in Super Bowl XL? Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  

Question:
We're getting to the home stretch in the NFL, so it's time to ask the tough question: Can anybody beat Indianapolis? And if so, can anybody do it and make it to the Super Bowl? Who represents the AFC?

Choices:
Indianapolis
Cincinnati
Denver
Jacksonville
None of the above

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Its almost improbable for Indianapolis to remain undefeated and get to the Super Bowl. I hope they do for history's sake, but it looks like to me that Denver could sneak up on the Colts...I also just picked Seattle as well, how different of a Super Bowl would that be?

Chad Mattox
World Champion
Picture of NWI
First off, it would be a GREAT Super Bowl from my perspective as a long-suffering, die-hard Seahawks fan.

Denver won't sneak up on the Colts, I can tell you that, though. Denver is nowhere near the team Indy is, INO. The only tough game left on Indy's schedule is Christmas Eve...oddly enough, at Seattle. If Indy is 15-0 after that game, they'll be 18-0 going into SBXL.

Junior High
They still have to play the Jags (who played them incredibly close the 1st time they hooked up). I know Leftwich is out, but having Girard in there isn't going to kill them. You sacrifice the big arm quality that Leftwich has but you gain alot of mobility and the ability to keep plays alive which cement feet doesn't have. Plus Girard has been with Jax for something like 5 years now so he knows the offense. They still have a game vs. SD, and we've all seen what Tomlinson is capable of. He might be able to win the game by himself. Anytime you've got the best player in the game, you've got a shot. I think SD presents more problems then Seattle personally.
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
but it looks like to me that Denver could sneak up on the Colts...

The Donks couldn't even sneak up on the Chefs today. The question is... how many TDs Peyton will light up the scoreboard with against the Donks in Indy... AGAIN!

The Donks are nothing without Elway and without violating the free agency rules like they did to win their back to back Stupor Bowls.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Jax's backup QB...have you seen how BIG that cat is? If he's more mobile the Leftwisch, I'd be verrah surprised.

Chargers come to Indy and the Colts will be looking to wrap up home field by that time if they haven't done so already. Colts defense will be able to contain LT -- especially since he and manning are the MVP frontrunners and they want to help their QB out -- and should go to 14-0 heading into their final two.

By the time they head to Seattle on Christmas Eve, they really won't have anything left to play for aside for the undefeated streak, and Seattle has been brutal at home this season.

Indy will finish regular season 15-1 and go 17-2 overall...Hawks will get them twice, in Seattle and in Motown for SB40.

Junior High
Lol, I find it funny that you bring up Denver not getting it done @ KC, NO ONE gets it done @ KC in Dec...they've won 17 STRAIGHT home games. Don't blame Denver, blame destiny.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Indy's streak ends next Saturday in Seattle. They'll be 14-0 after dispatching of San Diego, then go up to the great northwest to taste the first of two defeats...by the same team. Big Grin

Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
I would like Denver but could live with any of the other 3 choices, BUT, I am scared to death to see the Pats start to roll. I hope not, but I might have to go with the Patriots if they keep improving the last few games.
Rookie
Why all the negativity towards my Broncos? I'm no homer and I admit they aren't in Indy's league, but they did sew up the #2 seed before the final weekend.

Seriously, though, the toughest team in the AFC playoffs might be the Bengals. The only thing is they haven't been there before with this group of players. Inexperience could be their downfall. But, they can run and throw with Indy and Deltha O'Neal is still torqued at Denver for trading him to a team who at the time was the arm pit of the NFL.

When the smoke clears, I think it'll be the Manning brothers in the Super Bowl. Could you sign my melon? I love that commercial.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Only if Eli is traded to Seattle this weekend. The Giants won't get a second chance if they come to Seattle, and Chicago's defense will stuff their offense if they wind up there.

Right now, the team to watch is the Patriots. They have caught fire at the right time and, as the two-time defending champs, know what it takes to get to the top (although they will actually have to be road warriors to get it done this time, which they haven't had to worry about the last two years).

Right now it's looking like Seattle and the Indy/New England winner. Denver, so to speak, is the darkhorse in the AFC right now.