Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Craig Sesker - Golfing God
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craig Sesker - Golfing God Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Ladies and Gentlemen...I woudn't have believed it if I didnt' witness it firsthand, but our beloved OWH wrestling guru, Craig Sesker, notched a hole-in-one today at Tiburon during the Gretna Days Scramble.

What's funny is that, on Thursday, he called and said he wouldn't be able to play due to some personal situations. Figuring I wouldn't have him on my team, I let the tournament organizer know that my team would be a threesome instead of a foursome. Friday morning, the big fella called and said he'd be able to play, and we were able to get him in as our fourth.

We started the round well, posting a pair of birdies in the first five holes. As we were driving to the No. 2 tee box on the Hammerhead nine at Tiburon, Craig lamented about the fact that he had not putted on the last four holes.

After I shanked my 6-iron, Craig busted out the five-wood, choked down and took a perfect swing. The 165-yard par 3 is a little deceptive, so when the ball hit the green we were all looking forward to a birdie putt.

There was one problem, though...the ball kept rolling and, all of a sudden, disappeared in the cup in the middle of the green. Suffice it to say that the four of us went completely bonkers as we realized we had just witnessed a hole-in-one.

Of course, Craig was very fired up by the whole thing, as were his teammates...so much so that, after we went to 4-under with the hole-in-one, we promptly BOGEYED the next three holes.

All in all, our team finished with a nice, neat and tidy even-par 72, and Craig had to spend $175 in his hole-in-one bar tab. The kicker, though, is that we had a good time, played a little golf and got to see something we'll probably never witness again in our lives...Craig Sesker, hitting the perfect shot.

Wish y'all coulda been there...it was the stuff of legend...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Great story Mike and congrats Craig Cool ...a much more personal touch to this special moment than normally gotten; hey, maybe OWH sports editor would follow it up too Eek

<RJ Nebe>
My 1st question is: Was he smart enough to save the ball, or did he lose it in the water on #3?

My 2nd question is: Who hits a 5 wood on a downhill par 3?

Some guys have all the luck!

The hole in one is amazing, but what would have been more amazing to witness was Sesker buying drinks.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
The whole team went to hell after Craig's ace...we bogeyed the next three holes, and Craig waited until the fourth hole (2 holes after) to drown his ball.

Some schmuck racked up $87 off Craig's good fortune buying six 6-packs of frosty cold ones (at $14.50 per).

So if there's a moral to the story, it's this...don't get a hole-in-one during Gretna Days -- you'll get needled online and take a big hit in the wallet.

Congratulations Craig.

Throw TK in the mix and we'd have a threesome to watch!!

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Hope TK's short game is in working order...Sesker and I couldn't chip if you stuck a gun in our mouths. On the other hand...I putted about as well as I have in some time, so there is hope.

Not MUCH, but it's there...

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
RJ, you need to take these guys under your wing; club selection, what ball to use on which hole, how to avoid the bar tab after a hole in one Big Grin

<Craig Sesker>
I don't have a lifetime membership at Tiburon, but I do have an ace there. Next time I do this, hopefully it will be on a Tuesday afternoon when there are 10 people in the clubhouse to buy drinks for. My wife was excited about the hole-in-one, until I told her about the bar tab. Yes, the ball is history and I choked all the way down on a 5-wood to do this. The best part of the day was the wrestling match between me and Mike on the tee box before the last hole. Now that was entertaining. The beverage cart staff at Tiburon certainly did its job that day.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Funny, Mike didn't say a thing about getting teched on the last tee Bwahaha A good BCS makes a long day longer Wink

World Champion
Picture of NWI
There wasn't much TO say about it...next time, I sucker-punch him with my driver before I go for that single. LOL

<RJ Nebe>
I've seen both of your swings, so I don't need to hear about anymore golf.

I want the play by play on the wrestling match. Although I guessing Craig has about 5-10 pounds on you Mike.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Five or ten??? I think his right leg weighs as much as I do...or maybe it was the barley sodas that were weighing him down...

One thing's for certain...my wallet was a lot heavier than his was after that tournament. Talk about your bar tabs...175 bucks for that ace. Makes me want to intentionally hit short clubs on par 3's at Gretna Days from now on.