Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Pro football
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro football Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
cenwrstlr -- that was yesterday. And if Ahman Green keeps coughing up the ball like he did vs. the Bears today, they'll be on the sidelines while the Hawks are heading to J-Ville.

anarchist...Vikes have a shot, but don't buy into anything they did vs. the Cowboys. The Cowboys are horrible...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Let's take a look at the NFC West standings, shall we?

Bringing up the rear are the San Francisco 49ers, the only team that can turn a tight end into a wide receiver by the end of preseason. They are 0-2 and, after next week, will officially be circling the drain.

Next we have the Arizona Cardinals, also sporting a big ol' doughnut in the W side of the ledger. This, of course, comes as no surprise as the Cardinals have not been a team worth watching since...well, before Tom McCann started wrestling -- IN GRADE SCHOOL!!!

In the runner-up slot is those lovable St. Louis Scams, a team so clumsy not even a dumb blonde husband-murderer (allegedly) could bring together to compete for a division title.

That leaves...yes, dear football fans...the Seattle Seahawks. The Pride of the Great Northwest. Blue Thunder. The team so good they had to get them out from under a dome so that God could see what real football is all about (not that third-rate crap they're playing in Dallas).

It wasn't pretty, but style points don't matter when it comes to chalkin' one up in the W column. The Seahawks' defense came through in the clutch and shut down Tampa Bay for a 10-6 win in Florida. The win gives Seattle a 2-0 record and, more important, matches their road win total from all of last year.

That's right, kids -- Seattle is 2-0 and they haven't even had any of momma's home cookin' yet. The team once known as San Francisco will be flippin' their skirts up north next weekend, and it's a good bet that the Seahawks will be sending them right back to Earthquake Country with a fat 0-3 mark on their domes. If Dennis Erickson is still coaching that once-proud franchise, he should be the lead candidate for the honor of receiving the ever-popular "First Coach To Have His Worthless Butt Fired For Underachieving In The NFL" award.

Seek redemptions, ye sinners of Sunday afternoons. Repent and witness the glory of the 2004 NFC and Super Bowl XXXIX champions...

THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Can I get an amen from the congregation?

"I came here to kick *** and blow bubbles . . . and I'm all outta gum." -- Author unknown

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
All I have to say is Detroit Lions...2-0!!!

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Tim...even a blind dog finds a bone every now and then.

Although -- after having gone 3 full seasons without a road win, the Lions winning in Chicago was a huge boost for them.

Novice
AIM: Online Status For cntlwrstlr130
My Cowboys won 1-1 ohh baby here we come!!
<Stat Boy>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
my name tells it all and those were frekay
<Stat Boy>
The Colts kick a** and the Titans, AFC championship game right there with the Colts winning it by 7
Novice
AIM: Online Status For cntlwrstlr130
Who did the lions beat?
<kman>
Detroit beat Houston at home 28-16. Seattle's 2nd straight road win against an aging, but still very tough TB team really opened my eyes. They found a way to win, and on the road in the NFL that is all that matters. Everyone else in that conference looked pretty ordinary, SF couldn't outscore NO, AZ lost at home to NE...AZ usually plays teams relatively tough at home but simply just lacks firepower...losing Boldin really killed them. As for STL, they have all the weapons to match up with Seattle, I'll take their receiving core v. Seattle's, Alexander isn't a better back then Faulk, but the Rams have huge O-Line problems, and a kooky head case of a coach. I hate to admit it, but unless a hurricane hits the great northwest, Seattle is your NFC West champ.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
These next 7 games are going to be important -- Niners and Rams at home with a bye week in between, then at NE and Ariz., at home with Carolina and then at SF and StL. If they go 5-2 in that stretch, it's over in the NFC West. I see them sweeping the Niners and splittling with the Rams, which would put them 4-1 in the division with a home game vs. the Cardinals the day after Christmas.

After that, it's Miami, Buffalo and Dallas at home, two tough ones at Minnesota and the Jets, then home with Arizona and Atlanta. Don't know if 12-4 is good enough for the top seed and home field, but if they run the table at home and split on the road, they're in good shape for the playoffs.

All I know is -- if the Niners-Seahawks game is not on Fox42 this Sunday, J.J. Davis is going to be hearing from me. I was one p-o'd puppy Sunday afternoon that they didn't show the game in Tampa.