Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    New England undefeated?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New England undefeated? Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
With their bombing of the hapless Dolphins, the New England Patriots are 7-0 and well on their way to becoming the first team since the 1972 Dolphins to run the table throughout the year.

Question:
Which team is most likely to beat New England this year?

Choices:
Colts (Nov. 4 in Indy)
Steelers (Dec. 9 at NE)
Somebody else will pull off the upset
They'll choke in the playoffs or Super Bowl
Fugeddaboudit -- they're running the friggin' table

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I'm not sure NWI, that is a tough one.

Could it be that the winner of the Pats/Colts game has the best shot of winning out? Or, don't you think Indy can do it?

I'm really looking forward to that game and would say that whoever wins it (and I honestly can't lean either way on this one) has a very good possibility to win out.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Quite honestly, one of two things needs to happen for the Patriots to NOT go 16-0 this year.

One is the game in Indy. Considering how they choked it off in the second half of the AFC title game last year, I think that will be a tremendous game.

The other is when they wrap up the division and home-field advantage, will they give the starters the week off to avoid risking injury and sacrifice the record. If you're 13-0, do you need to play Brady, Moss, etc., more than is neccessray knowing that one ACL, one concussion or one injury could blow the whole thing up?

After "Spygate" I don't think the Pats are interested in showing a lot of sympathy to those on the schedule, particularly the Jets. Look for them to run it up big time on the Jets after Mangini ratted out his former employer. Whatever the pointspread, take the Patriots. They will score 80-90 on the Jets that week, guaranteed.

Novice
Picture of huzker
So do the Patriots still have what it takes to finish these few games out? The polls second choice is still up for grabs.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
It won't be Sunday, but if I'm a Patriots fan, I'm hoping the Giants run their road win streak to 10 games and upset the Packers in Lambeau.

I just don't see Eli winning a game with such huge importance. I don't think he has the same cajones his brother does and is incapable of leading a team to the Super Bowl. Having said that, he's doing a great job managing the Giants offense and not making mistakes, and as long as he does that he gives the team a chance.

If the Packers get in, I think they are better than anybody the Pats have seen this season and with Brett Favre possibly playing his last game (if he wins the Super Bowl, it WILL be his last game, you can count on it) the Packers provide a big hurdle between the Patriots and immortality that comes with a 19-0 record.

If it's Pats vs. Giants, the Pats will make it 19-0. If it's Pats vs. Pack, look for a thriller.

Only 1 more to go.

The GB/NY game is up for grabs in the 3rd.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER

New England vs the Giants.

19-0

or

18-1

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I'm going to make peace with my Maker, because the fact that Eli Manning is starting quarterback of a Super Bowl team is something I thought I'd never see.

Patriots should win it, but the Giants will make it interesting. If I was a Pats fan, I'd thank the good Lord that the Packers didn't win Sunday, because I think Green Bay presented the last best chance for the spoiling of a perfect record.

Pats win by 10 in a game that will be entertaining, but New England will be in command throughout.

Junior High
Here's my $.02

Just give the Lombardi trophy to NE and be done with it... I think the Giants have a snowman's chance on Guam of beating the Pats.

Have a 2-hour halftime special and dedicate one hour for commercials.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
quote:
Have a 2-hour halftime special and dedicate one hour for commercials.

Don't they do that already???

Junior High
Okay... So the Giants won... Which is what I really wanted, just didn't have the expectations for them...

Bonus plan is the SB commercials are on line...

Not a big Tom Petty fan, but I heard it was a pretty good show... Not good enough for me to drop $50 a pop at the Qwest, though