Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    I think I'm gonna need an Ark...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I'm gonna need an Ark... Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Over 5 1/2" of rain since last night and more expected tonight.

Anybody know what a cubit is???

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Give us a yell as you're floating into Sarpy County, Rocker...we'll throw ya' a line so you can dock somewhere near Gretna.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
quote:
Anybody know what a cubit is???

If memory serves it is the measurement from the tip of the extended middle finger (keep the other three with it to be nice) to the point of the elbow... Give or take, about 21 inches.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
18 inches!you know, bout waist high! wow, couple more days/nights you'll be up to your......What else is gonna happen in Funk this year, you need to be ready for it all it seems. I hear persistent rumors of 8 inch rain in Custer county but don't find verification anywhere???

World Champion
Picture of NWI
quote:
Originally posted by TK:
18 inches!you know, bout waist high! wow, couple more days/nights you'll be up to your......What else is gonna happen in Funk this year, you need to be ready for it all it seems. I hear persistent rumors of 8 inch rain in Custer county but don't find verification anywhere???

I think all that's left are the frogs and locusts...

Novice
Hey Rocker,
I've been busy and havn't checked this site in awhile, but I have a favor to ask. Do you have a spare can of pine tar in your garage, maybe resin would work? My ark is complete, but I still need to seal the cracks between the boards on the hull. Seven inches plus a bug (wearing a life jacket of course) in the rain gauge out back. Lake Seldom is actually a lake, plus we now have Sargent Lake, Lake Atlanta, North Park Lake, etc. But what the heck, the drought is now over ---- until July!

If the clouds clear tomorrow, I hope to go flying with a friend and will try to post some photos, but I'm not as computer literate as you so we'll just have to see how it goes. At any rate, I now truly know what a rainwater basin is and it's highly similar to a sandhills valley with no well defined drainage.

Have to go now and let my dog out to do what dogs do on the lawn, but first I have to put on his life jacket.

Keep threading water. The forcast is sunny.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I've got a couple of feral cats if you need them for the ark, moose...plucked fresh from an Omaha neighborhood.

Novice
NWI:
Thanks for the offer. I'll need dog food. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
I hope Moosehead got all the gaps pine tarred in a timely manner, if you're a chosen one he may just pick you up today. Eek Roll Eyes Wink