Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    The NCAA champion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NCAA champion Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  

Question:
Who will win the NCAA Footballchampionship?

Choices:
USC Trojans (unstoppable)
Georgia Bulldogs (Who let the dogs out)
Oklahoma Sooners (Whitey White)
Auburn Tigers (the newbies)
Virginia Tech (the Dork Horse)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stat Boy,

The Stat Boy

<Guest>
in which sport(s)?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hmmmm....call me crazy, but if Auburn makes it past Tennesse, which I think they will, they could be your 2004-2005 champs. The way I see it, Texas and Oklahoma will fall and Virginia will take out the Canes. Georgia is just boud to lose and USC has to look out for Cal, after they squeaked out a close one with Stanford. As for Ohio State, I think they have Wisconsin, Purdue and Michigan to get throught this season. Which leaves West Virginia and Auburn unbeaten and at the top. The only thing holding West Virginia back from #1 in the BCS (when it's released) is a weak schedual.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
<Guest>
strengt of schedule is no longer a factor in the BCS
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
No more strength of schedule. Thats kind of dumb. How do they plan to weed out the undefeated teams that beat a bunch of losing record teams. I see my prediction got shot this weekend by Va Tech(which is fine because I like Va Tech) but I'm still going to say Auburn national champs. Also, I have a question that I hope someone out there can answer...Where did Georgia get an offence at in the last week???? Unbelievable.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
Just saw something on ESPN. Auburn has a chance to be number 2 after this week. They have La Tech this week. As for the teams ranked ahead of them: #1 USC vs. #7 Cal(which if Cal wins, they might get ahead of Auburn), #2 Oklahoma vs. #5 Texas(the winner of the Red River Shootout could be #1 next week), #3 Georgia(Where did they get an offense, seriously?) vs. #17 Tennessee(we'll see how Tennessee responds this week from the pounding they got from Auburn) and #4 Miami vs. #20 Louisville(very talented non-BCS team).

World Champion
Picture of NWI
The BCS is a total farce. Until a playoff is instituted -- similar to those at every other level of college football -- the national championship is a mythical one and not worth the paper it is printed on.

That's my 12:30 a.m. rant and I'm stickin' to it...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<LATE>
I'M A HUSKER FAN AND DON'T HAVE ANY ALLUSIONS THAT THEY WILL EVEN COMPETE FOR THE NATIONAL BIG TWELVE NORTH LET ALONE THE NATIONAL TITLE. ONE TEAM THAT HAS CAUGHT MY ATTENTION IS THE AUBURN TIGERS. THEY HAVE A GREAT FORMULA. OUTSTANDING DEFENSE AND BALL CONTROL OFFENSE. THEIR SPECIAL TEAMS ARE PRETTY SOLID TOO. HMMM, SEEMS TO ME THERE USE TO BE A TEAM IN THE MIDWEST THAT USED THOSE SAME THREE PILLARS DURING THE MID TO LATE NINETY'S TO WIN THREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
<kman>
You were asking where Georgia found their offense...well they've always had one. What happened prior to the LSU game was that teams were content to sit back and play zone coverage against Georgia...thus negating the big play. When Danny Ware came back last week, it gave Georgia a running threat to go along with Greene & Co....LSU tried to bring pressure all game long, and that allowed one on one matchups which Georgia capitalized on. Georgia also has a nasty tendency to play down to the level of their opponent see Marshall, Georgia Southern, etc. However, Mark Richt (former FSU O-Coordinator during FSU glory years of the late 90's) is an offensive genius, plus the fact that they play well on the road...their only hurdle as usual will be Florida. They can't beat Florida, no matter what the mismatch looks like on paper...see last year's game.
<Guest>
Word Mickey! It's just stupid that sometimes the best team isn't national champs. Between Auburn and USC. USC's winning streak is something else, but Auburn is rough and tough.
<Guest>
quote:
Originally posted by guest:
Word Mikey! It's just stupid that sometimes the best team isn't national champs. Between Auburn and USC. USC's winning streak is something else, but Auburn is rough and tough.