Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    So you want Kerry for president...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want Kerry for president... Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
"I ask you now God, do something about Kucinich. Alter polls, brainwash us, just do something to get the big DK on the ballot in November."

rock, man...with all due respect, what kind of weed are you inhaling thinking that Kucinich is the answer to anything other than the question "Who is the biggest crackpot whacko in the Democratic party?"

That guy is loony, even by liberal standards. He makes John Kerry look like Rush Limbaugh without the third and fourth chins. The guy is so far out there that I had to ask a liberal friend of mine if he was for real or had been beamed in from a faraway planet? He said he wasn't sure, but said if Kucinich got nominated he was going to switch parties and vote for Nader. NADER, I tell you...

If ever there was a justificiation for euthenasia, one could make a strong argument for Kucinich. I think it's pretty evident why voters in Cleveland booted him out of the mayor's office...the city has bounced back quite well since then, from what I can tell.

Which reminds me of a joke I heard during the pre-primary season...

Q: If all nine Democratic candidates died in a plane crash, what you would you have?

A: A darn good beginning.

George Bush...the lesser of the evils before us this November...barely.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<anotherjoke!>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Here's another one:

Q: Did you know that the toothbrush was obviously invented in the south?

A: If it had been invented in the north, it would be called a teeth-brush.
<whatrockis>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
This was a letter to the editor of the Lincoln Journal Star that was written by a very good friend of mine who is a published author with two novels to his credit by the age 17. I thought it was very well thought out and perhapes the most intellectual take on our situation and the divide that we place between the extremists which, someday, you will realize we all are.

"It's important to note than in this country, there are two types of people. Democrats and Republicans. And if you're not one or other then, as Kurt Vonnegut says, "You might as well be a banana split." And it's also important to note that, at least in our minds, those that opposed Gibson's film were Democrats, and those that now oppose Moore's film are Republicans. It's that simple, right? Republicans like Gibson's film because they're all Christians, and Democrats hate it because it's not intellectual and humanitarian enough (and they hate Christians). And Democrats like Moore's film because Moore's an underdog, and every one he talks to is an underdog, and they don't lie because they're human beings unlike the people the Republicans. You can't be a human being and a Republican being at the same time. Republicans hate Moore's film because it's not uplifting and it's unpatriotic since it challenges a man who supposedly supports Christian ideals, except the one that says don't kill people.
Moore's film and Gibson's film are the same.
They're both opinions.
Though Moore's disguises itself as a documentary, and thus may deserve a bit more criticism, the same thing happened with Gibson's film. People thought he was making a documentary, and they got an interpretation. People think Moore's movie is a documentary, but they're getting a caricature of the Bush administration.
I know Bush likes money. Personally, I don't appreciate what he has done as a President. However, I can understand how some people think Bush is okay. I can tolerate that. And the idea of Republicans and Democrats is something the government created to separate the people, so we would be a lot easier to manipulate. Instead of arguing about abortion as murder and homosexuality as right or wrong (as if, if it were a sin, it would be any worse than any other to the Christian God) we should be able to be unified in the fundamental beliefs. We should not kill.
We should not lie.
We should love one another.
Tolerance is a lot worse than love, because it's bitter. We were not told to tolerate our neighbors by Jesus, we were told to love them. And for those of you who don't like Jesus at all, okay okay. That's okay. Because Buddha and Vishnu and Mohammed and Confucius and Nanak said it too.
The Youngbloods said it. "Come on people now, smile on your brother, everbody get together, try to love one another right now."
Politics don't say it, people say it.
God will not bless politics, and Mother Earth will not bless politics. But one or the other will bless people if people bless back."
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Whoa...that was powerful.

Thanks, "rock"...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

how long is it till wrestling season starts?

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."