Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Congrats to Tejas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congrats to Tejas Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Texas finally put an end to the USC winning streak and brings home the National Championship in football to the Big 12.

I can't bring myself to say hook-em horns, or anything like that, but glad to see the USC streak come to an end. Their defense simply was not of the caliber of a supposedly "greatest ever" team, imo. Did you see how many times Texas had wide-open receivers? Seemed like nearly every Vince Young pass was to a wide-open receiver.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
And they couldn't bring VY down for love or money. Think he had 200 yards rushing PLUS almost 300 passing.

I would have liked to have seen USC pull off the trifecta, since it's never been done before in college football history. Wasn't too thrilled with Texas winning it all, either...just one more thing those arrogant S.O.B.'s will have over the rest of the Big 12 until next season.

Now if the Huskers can come back and beat Texas in the conference title game next year...order will have most definitely been restored.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Pretty funny how almost nobody gave Texas a snowball's chance but last night and this morning they are all talking about Vince Young being the second coming!

Not necessarily a fan of either team but it was a very good game to watch.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
I thought TX was going to win before the game. I thought they were the more well-rounded team. They had a defense to go with the high-powered offense.

SC appeared to mainly wanted to cause fumbles; that was their stock in trade on defense. Actually covering receivers and making solid tackles was not their forte.

Still happy that TX won. Will be just as happy when NU knocks TX off their perch next year. Smile
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
I kinda thought that if it was close at the end that Vince would be too tough to stop..

A buddy I was watching the game with didn't realise how good VY was/is..

Like he said... "this guy should be going pro next year... Would be one of the top 2 qb's taken.."

My best wishes to him going on to the NFL!