Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Creighton's No call v.s. Hurricanes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creighton's No call v.s. Hurricanes Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Italy's Finest
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Now I'm a huge Miami Hurricanes fan and like to see miami do good in all of its sports programs but did you see the bogus foul called on Creighton that put Miami up? Miami's man should have been hit with a charge but instead got the foul then to make matters worse creighton's man was fouled with time expiring and recieved no call. Why? You tell me if I remember right but the ref's ran like they did at State in the Terry/Henery...

"Eyes on the Prize,repeat '06'"
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Watch the replay. Creighton player slid his left foot in and shifted right before impact. Probably best for a no call, but as an official you have to make a split second decision and I would guess he saw the movement. The other no call was correct in that the offensive man (Creighton) jumped into the defender causing the contact which again should have been a no call. Doesn't make sense one over the other, but again after watching the replay, was probably the correct calls.
Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I was at the game and the ref's blew it! Either call them both or don't call either. It appeared more obvious in live action than it did on the replay as far as the foul on Mathies. Especially on the in-bounds pass.
With that said; Basketball is much more proned to this sort of thing than wrestling! The refs can decide the games too easily.