Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Mikey C
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mikey C Login/Join

<WILDcat>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I just finished reading Mikey's Tosses and Turns. And I am amazed by person that Mike is. it took a lot of guts to do what he has done to change his life forever. I think that sometimes we all take what Mike does for the sport of wrestling for granted. Mike pours his life into giving us information about Nebraska wrestling and he deserves to have a standing ovation. So join me in thanking Mike for everything he has done.
THANK YOU MIKEY C. my prayers are with you on your new life in Christ.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Wildcat,

Many thanks for the post and the prayers.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Regardless of what somebody in Toledo thinks Mikey, I 2nd wildcat and commend you on another outstanding issue.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Thanks a ton, Rocker. Big Grin

<Censorship>
I cannot figure out for the life of me after reading this strand what you are talking about RR with the Toledo thing? Sounds like you were back to your old censorship habits. Did you yank something again? If I had to guess, I would guess that you were yanking something from the Rome guy again? Is this correct? I am not a Rome fan, but if he doesn't have the right to write on here (minus explatives) than a lot of other people don't have that right either. I had always thought that your job was to filter inappropriate writing, not ideas and opinions. I cannot speak for Mike, but I know that Mike has to understand the freedom of expression guaranteed by our constitution. It is the very foundation of the life he has chosen. So, if Mike wants to get on here and talk about "finding religion or Christ or whatever" then Rome probably has the same right to speak his mind on the matter as well. Censorship, like that which you are using, is the very thing that Stalin and Hitler were built on not the foundation of the US! Just my .02 on the matter so you can take it, leave it, or censor it.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Well, I can speak for Mike and here's my take on it...

I have no influence whatsoever on this board when it comes to censoring others' comments. When Ross was first looking for moderators, I told him I didn't want to have that capability here because I didn't feel I should be responsible for whatever is written beyond what comes from my fingertips.

As for the religious aspect of the situation, I couldn't care less what Rome or anyone else has to say about it. It's a decision I made on my own and one that I'm not going to change because of something some jelly-spined ignoramus pukes up on an Internet chat site. Those who support my decision, I thank them for the kudos. Those who choose to ridicule it...well, they're not in my circle of concern and aren't worth the bandwidth or the time and energy to acknowledge.

<Rome>
No it appears that Red Roses is all about censorship. I do not and have not used curse words in my posts, and have only embarked in debate for which he chooses to take them out. I would suggest that HB get a different moderator. If RR has to blush any more because of my posts, that would not be appropriate. He continues to protect Mickey and Marty, oh the M&M boys, just thought of that...I am not sure what the reason, maybe he could shed some light on it. There are many more posts on here that are more attacking in nature than my posts, and yet they remain...what is the scoops RR? Defend yourself this time.... you have no justification!
<Concerned>
Well then maybe the only solution is to make this a "members only" site where the only way you can post is if you are a registered member and your real name is on file. That way, we don't have to worry anymore about any more "guest" postings or yes, even "CONCERNED". Funny how when people have to post their names, they tend to be more responsible with their posts. And I'm pretty sure that's what those guys who wrote all that stuff long ago about freedom had in mind...freedom with responsibility.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Concerned...the great thing about freedom of expression is that even morons have the freedom, under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, to express their ignorance.

Case in point...Rome's posts in this thread.

It would appear that there are those who fail to read the rather simple "rules of the road" for this forum. Take Rule #2 for example:

2.) Be respectful of other people

Of course, those who whine about censorship fail to realize that this is, technically speaking, a privately-run board and those who administrate the board can edit or eradicate posts that do not follow the posted rules of the road. That's not censorship -- that's management within the rules set forth by the board administrator. Those who can't abide by those rules are either edited or eliminated.

You are right, though -- making this a members-only area where at least the board administrators know who everybody is would help reduce the number of anonymous idiot postings and would help eliminate these jelly-spined anonymous attacks on peoples' character.

Now I gotta get back to work -- 14 days of torture before my first vacation in 4 years...

Censorship and Rome, my e-mail is in my profile if you would like to discuss it further.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
<Guest>
Although memebers only forum would be highly effective in getting responses that are politically correct, it would not spawn the type of ideas and thoughts that make this forum great. I enjoy the free flowing ideas that come from the un-inhibited thought process' of intellegent and educated wrestling fans who wish to remain annonymous. Maybe that should be one of the rules of the forum. In order to post annonymously you must be an intellegent and educated wrestling fan. Memo to Romey, why don't you go attack Kobe Rapist ERRRR Bryant or Ray Murderer ERRRR Lewis or someone who deserves to have their character ERRRR lack there of attacked. Heck Rome, you were probably in line to crusify Christ weren't you. Yeah you were that fat guy in the steel helmet and high boots and mini-sheep skirt weren't you Romey. Since romey won't do this I'll rack you NWI. Congratulations on your decision to walk beside our savior. It will be the best decision you've ever made. Remember that tolerance is one of the valuable lessons our savior taught us. Love thy neighbor, even if his name is Rome
World Champion
Picture of NWI
guest...now THAT was funny. Best post in the thread. Thanks for the rack...one goes right back atcha.

<Rome>
Now here is some attacking of me…great…I love it…lets see if my posts are edited or eliminated now. I am guessing that they will be.

Mickey, of course you are always respectful of others in here…NOT. You get on your bandwagon and have at it. But when anyone attacks your rag or some of your comments, like some of your great quotes in the past about drinking and such, heaven forbid, you crawl under the skirt of rules and look for protection. Typical of someone that is lacking of self-esteem and courage. You can talk enough smack for 10 people, but when push comes to shove, your curl up with your stat book and water bottle!

RR: The idea of discussion board is to have lively debate…this forum has plenty of that when you keep your finger off the kill switch. Let it go unless someone gets really offensive or uses curse words. DO not be selective in who or what you cut out. I can guarantee you that the most talked about threads in here are ones that I have been a part of. Look at the number of views and such. I even hear people talking about me at meets. All anonymous of course. I even laugh out loud at your cyber sleuthing. I live in Nebraska sometimes and Cali the rest of the time. You are getting bounced by my router through my Investment agency. Check out VPNs and see if they register a local IP or one form the corporate server Mr. Mega Bits!

Guest you are even brighter than most…you refer to situations where people have not been found guilty by a jury pf their peers. How can you run down 2 great athletes that are role models for so many kids? The problem that they have is being a celebrity, much like myself. We always have common citizens trying to take us off our pedestal. As far as being a Christ killer, you have to prove that he existed and that the great book you all refer to is not some great compilation of short stories. If you want to continue to quote that novel, you have to remember that not all of it is complementary. Much incest, adultery and such in that book. In fact, come to think of it, they need to get a different cover for that romance smut novel!

One other thing, why is it that people come to talk about the lord and joining Christ, when they are in peril? Do they not have the intestinal fortitude to pull themselves up and live a meaningful and quality life on their own? So many followers in the world. I just hope they all don’t like grape Kool Aid!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Hey Rocker...thanks for that link you e-mailed me. I just read it and, boy, does it hit the nail on the head here. I'm sure we can put some of those suggestions to good use.

Mad props, RR.

<Guest>
ROMEY, ROMEY, ROMEY. YOU OF LITTLE MIND ERRR. GAME. RAY LEWIS PLEADED DOWN TO AN OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE CHARGE THEN PAID OFF THE FAMILY OF HIS VICTIMS. KOBE BRYANT OFFERED HIS ACCUSER AN APOLOGY IN WHICH HE ADMITTED THAT SHE REALLY DID MEAN NO WHEN SHE SAID NO. BOTH ARE BENEFACTORS OF THEIR FAME AND MONEY. THEY BOTH USED MONEY THAT OUR KIDS SPEND ON THEIR GEAR TO GET OFF. I'M SURE GLAD MY SON IS A WRESTLER AND CAN HAVE ROLE MODLES LIKE CAEL SANDERSON, AND RULON GARDNER TO LOOK UP TO AS OPPOSE TO THESE TWO GANGSTERS WITH THEIR LIDS ON SIDEWAYS. WITH REGARD TO THE BIBLE, YOU ARE CORRECT IT IS A COMPILATION OF SHORT STORIES. I DO NOT NEED TO PROVE THAT JESUS EXISTED BECAUSE I KNOW THAT HE DID AND STILL DOES. HE IS THE ONE THAT KEEPS ME FROM REACHING MY HAND INTO THIS TV TO CHOKE THE LIVING YOU KNOW WHAT OUT OF YOU. GO AHEAD AND SAY IT ROMEY. GLORY BE TO GOD! I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY MORE OF YOUR POSTS AS THAT IS HOW YOU GAIN YOUR JOY. YOU'RE LIKE THE SON OF SAM ROMEY YOU ENJOY THE PUB. LATE
<Rome>
It is good that Mickey and Red Roses can collaborate on their attack. Because as individuals they lack the ability to bang with me! GO ahead and bring it on. The more you two have to work together, the easier it gets!

As for the all caps boyee. Rulon and Cael as role models in wrestling sure. Cael maybe ahs some other life leading experiences to share. But keep my boys aware from Mr. No common Sense. Lose your toes to stupidity and break your wrist to ignorance!

I would love to see you reach through the TV. Cause then you could pull on some cable, but you would never be able to choke anything out of me. Especially since this is a COMPUTER, so reach through the VPN modem that makes me invisible. You see I am like the Lord. I walk in cyber space and leave my constituents wondering about my existence. Power be to the human imagination! Where fantasy and idols can exist!
<Guest>
SON OF SAM. I'M GLAD YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A LORD. THIS IS THE FIRST STEP IN SAVING YOUR SOUL AND HAVING ETERNAL LIFE. LORD KNOWS EVERYONE WANTS YOU TO BE AROUND FOREVER SO WE CAN POINT TO THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF IGNORANCE AND SPLIT PERSONALITY (CARRIE). I SEE YOU HAVE BEEN RUN OFF THE MAIN SCREEN. YOU ARE NOW ADMONISHED TO THE BACK PAGE OF THE FISH WRAP. SON OF SAM OR CARRIE OR HOWEVER YOU REFER TO YOURSELF, GO TO YOUR BASEMENT AND COMEBACK AFTER 1 MILLION OUR FATHERS AND 2 MILLION HAIL MARY'S.
<Rome>
Guest...I am not catho holic. SO forget about our fathers and hail marys. How about some chainsaws and hockey masks. Be afraid...very very afraid! I am not the son of sam, I am but an SOB.
<dazed&amazed>
This is amazing wordplay to say the least. Don't know if responding can do any justice to any of it but what the heck, why not. Here goes by the numbers:

1. If you go members only, this site will be greatly reduced and you will only get the few folks willing to pay to talk about wrestling. The site will die and there won't be any audience.

2. HB talked about class when you talk. Boy is this all about definitions. The use of language is a fickle thing. If I talked about someone being stupid, you could say that it is classless, right? Well what if you used ingrate instead? Does that make the message classy? I think the intent of the message is what we are looking at and not the verbage that conveys the message. So, to define class is kind of oxmoronish in nature.

3. People protect NWI because he has given wrestling in Nebraska a voice of real value. I can fully understand this behavior from the wrestling community. However, it doesn't give NWI the right to be Napoleonic if you know what I mean. Nobody chastises NWI when he calls people idiots or when he uses his language like a rapier in the night. Don't be fooled, he is doing the same as Rome and others when he uses his frontal attack as such. Be aware of the paradigm: What goes around comes around!

4. Don't go around defining what censorship is or isn't. Clearly define the rules of the board and then follow the rules. Right now, the rules are so sufficiently vague that they can be interpreted at will. So, RR, is free to interpret them in a floating stasis to meet his personal thoughts and biases. What you want here is an objective look at the rules. Does a post meet the criteria or not? If not, pull it. But be able to back up any decision. The worst thing in the world is the word Arbitrary! Seems like many of the decisions on this site are done arbitrarily.

5. Need I say more?
<Guest>
And lastly Carrie, you have no game. Stop back when you can bring a good take. Till then, keep your piehole shut. Less of you and more of me is a great thing. Late