Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Pick the NFL playoffs all the way through.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick the NFL playoffs all the way through. Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Here's how I see it...

AFC WILD CARD
Jacksonville at New England -- Patriots
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati -- Steelers
NFC WILD CARD
Carolina at N.Y. Giants -- Panthers (although a Giants win would be better for my Seahawks)
Washington at Tampa Bay -- Redskins
(Yes...I'm picking 3 of 4 road teams to win the first round.)

AFC DIVISIONALS
New England at Indianapolis -- Patriots (Postseason jinx knocks Colts out again)
Pittsburgh at Denver -- Steelers
NFC DIVISIONALS
Carolina at Seattle -- Seahawks (this is the actual NFC championship game...winner here cruises to the Super Bowl)
Washington at Chicago -- Bears (but if the weather is unseasonably warm, the Redskins have a shot)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Pittsburgh at New England -- Patriots
Chicago at Seattle -- Seahawks

SUPER BOWL XL at Detroit
SCENARIO 1 -- Adam Vinateri kicks a 44-yard field goal midway through the first-ever overtime in a Super Bowl to give the Patriots a 34-31 win and an unprecedented three-peat.
SCENARIO 2 -- Shaun Alexander rushes for four touchdowns and Tom Brady is intercepted by Peter Boulware on the final play of the game to secure the Seahawks' first-ever Super Bowl title in a dramatic 38-35 triumph.

DON'T BE SURPRISED IF...
-- Washington and/or Pittsburgh reaches the conference finals. They are the toughest No. 6 seeds in the NFL postseason in recent memory.
-- Indianapolis STILL can't beat New England when it counts most. The Colts were a reversed call away from taking a three-game losing streak into the playoffs. No team has ever lost their last three and won the Super Bowl, and few have lost two of their last three and pulled it off.
-- Seattle chokes in the first round. The Seahawks haven't won a playoff game since 1984 (lost last six, I believe) and if Carolina beats the Giants, will be their toughest test this year.
-- The Bears get shut out. Chicago's offense has been mediocre at best all year. The defense has carried the Bears, but may not be able to contain Washington enough if the Skins beat the Bucs in the first round.

REACTION!!!

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of bluehawk
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
NWI

I hoping for Super Bowl XL Scenario 2.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Coach Brand