Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    What Callahan should do this week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Callahan should do this week Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
What would be about right ... would be for Callahan to spend the next week; talking to every reporter who will listen to him ... about how Colorado does not belong in the Big 12 CG.

He could go on and on about how NU won 30-3; and therefore Colorado should not be allowed in the Big 12 CG.

He can talk about how "I know we don't belong in that game; but neither does Colorado".

This would match the level of class that Barnett showed in 2001.

Must be rough to be an ISU fan tonight. I didn't watch the game; but understand they had a 14-3 lead at some point ... and just didn't finish KU off.

Anyone have a good look at the supposedly controversial KU TD? I have not seen it at all; just wondering if ISU got "homered".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: green goblin,
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
ISU lost 3 OT games this season...I'm not so sure they deserve to be in the Big 12 title game either.

And really...does it matter? Texas is so far and away the best team in the conference...you could probably take the best players off each North team and they couldn't hang with the Horns.

Which REALLY is hard for me to admit...yeesh.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Didn't realize it was 3 OT games, wow!

Maybe they will get to the point that FSU did; and decide that getting a good field goal kicker is as important as anything else if not more so. The same field goal kicker apparently could have beaten Missouri last year; and didn't get it done. He can't be too popular on campus after this.

If you keep losing close ones with your kicker not getting it done ... well ... time to figure it out and stop that pattern.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
You get the guy who drop-kicked a field goal in The Longest Yard...

Ray Nitzsche: What the **** was that?

Burt Reynolds: A drop-kick.

Ray Nitzsche: Drop-kick?

Burt Reynolds: Drop-kick.

Ray Nitzsche: How much is that worth?

Burt Reynolds: Three points.

Ray Nitzsche: Three points???

Burt Reynolds: Three points.

Ray Nitzsche: (EXPLETIVE!!!)

One of my most favorite conversations in a sports movie.

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
Ironically Colorado’s performance in the Big 12 Championship may help the Huskers bowl chances much like it did in 2001. In 2001 Colorado’s win put the Huskers into the Rose Bowl. This year a Colorado loss will put the Huskers in a better bowl.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Geez...it's kinda like figuring out the NSAA's wild car point system.