Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    No practice..... AGAIN
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
No practice..... AGAIN Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We had no school Wednesday, Thursday, and now called off for Friday. We wrestle Saturday. If they have the invite, I believe that we will get both of the extra pounds. Most of the schools attending are in the same boat. Will be looking for the "official word" to come down the pike.

Coach Aschoff
Novice
I called Wisner about noon and told them that we were not having school on Friday, so there would be an extra 2 lbs. I think they are waiting to see what the weather is like. They are deciding whether or not to start a little later. I would guess they will tell us about the 2 lbs. and starting time tomorrow.
Rookie
Picture of abcoach
Wisner will start at 11:15am on Saturday with weigh ins at 9am...everyone gets 2 extra pounds on top of the 2lb growth allowance.
Rookie
only if your wrestlers have made scratch weight do they get 2 lbs growth allowance
Novice
We are good on scratch weight. Does anyone know if there are any schools that won't be able to come? I know of a few schools out there that have policies that say "No school on Friday, No play on Saturday". Coach Boyer, how bad are the roads up that way? Norfolk is fine, but as soon as you get out in the country, forget it. I could not get to school last night when I tryed. Could get to the edge of town, but the last 1/4 mile in the country was blocked shut.

Coach Aschoff
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Henry
My wife rode into Norfolk today for work. She said the highways were not great. Not sure how the country roads are.
Rookie
In Wakefield the highways and country roads are completely closed in. I live in the country and haven't seen town since Wednesday. After talking to a county official they said it will take quite awhile to clear the country roads as the drifts have built off of the existing ones. Don't know whether I or half of my country boy team will make it to town----only time will tell.
NCAA Champion
Hopefully no more snow days in the future