Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Best wrestler in class D
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best wrestler in class D Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Taylor Escamilla is an outstanding wrestler, he will likely dominate class D 275 next year as well. He is quick, technically sound, and a very strong kid.

Scott Bayer is a good wrestler, but ran into some tough opponents at state which exposed his weaknesses, and yes there are some. That match verse Soucie shows that he was out of shape, and it nearly cost him everything. Faron Klinglehoefer also wrestled him very well which i'm sure surprised a lot of poeple.

I know he will be a good athlete at UNO next year, but something was just wrong with him during semi's and finals.
State Qualifier
The NSAA site has Bayer beating Faron 15-0 in the state semis. I would say that is not wrestling one tough on Faron's part.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander_Delarge_655321:
The NSAA site has Bayer beating Faron 15-0 in the state semis. I would say that is not wrestling one tough on Faron's part.

he did tech fall him, but you need to watch the match to understand what I am talking about. I was right next to the mat during the match. Faron wrestled tough for only wrestling 3 meets all year.

Bayer just turned him a lot just because he is that much stronger than Faron. On their feet it was much closer of a match than I have seen Bayer have besides soucie.
Rookie
Bazata and Bayer tried to do to much to fast.
About cost both 1st' team comes first to both of them.Amherst had agreat tournament deserved to be champs. tyler Herman is one of best young coach's in state.Winside Howells and Amherst had great fans.Winside took 4guys to state a town of 500 brought 150+ fans .All 4 placed, Dewey Bowers wins Winside's 33championship. Pender finished the Year strong 125pounder Dunn was not going home with out gold.
Rookie
Taylor Escamilla has to be one of the top, if not the best, wrestler in class d. He has shown some great improvement from last year. Makes all matches look easy, even at state. Great Job Taylor and good luck next year!
Rookie
Picture of ex_aquinas_wrestler
How about Andrew Daro from Aquinas at 160. He was a outstanding wrestler this year in D. Winning his second state championship. Trailing 3-2 in the finals and geting a take-down at the end of the match and winning it 4-3.
Rookie
Picture of VA
It's really hard to argue against Escamilla here, he made it look real easy out there.
Rookie
Picture of RJS
I have to give my vote to Carson Hemman he earned his first place medal, Good job Carson!
Rookie
bump
Rookie
Picture of Loper
he lost in the semis....heard he had strep...if it werent for injuries and sickness, no one would ever lose.

"Show me a man that is thoroughly satisfied and I'll show you a failure."
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
quote:
Originally posted by Loper:
he lost in the semis....heard he had strep...if it werent for injuries and sickness, no one would ever lose.

Loper sometimes injuries and sickness happen, I give Eklund credit because he never made it his excuse. He didn't pout or any temper tantrum he just went out the next day and did the best he could.
Rookie
who the heck banana is Grady Meents???!bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana
Rookie
Picture of Giovanni
wow, that's a lot of bananas!
Rookie
Picture of harw
quote:
Originally posted by harw:
quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
wow, that's a lot of bananas!

so is this banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana
Rookie
Picture of pierce boy
and this banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana Off Topic banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana Off Topic banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana Off Topic banana banana
Rookie
Picture of Loper
i wasnt taking anything away from eklund,i think he took it very well, i was just saying it in general...it always seems to happen to at least one really good wrestler this time of year

"Show me a man that is thoroughly satisfied and I'll show you a failure."