Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Early Class C Predictions
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Early Class C Predictions Login/Join

<VoiceofReason>
posted   Report This Post  
1. Josh Pyzdek Louisville
2. Nick Honstein, Morrill
3. Miles Negley, Lincoln Christian
4. Marcus Johnson, Superior
5. Andy Pokorny, Bennington
6. Devin Zitek, East Butler
1. Aaron Karpisek, Aquinas
2. Matt McCart, Stanton
3. Brandon Gaines, Tekamah-Herman
4. Dru Kastler, Ord
5. Grant Daniel, Stanton
6. Mike Williams, Connestoga
1. Robert Daro, Aquinas
2. Patrick Lamkin, West Holt
3. Bernie Nicola, Fremont Bergan
4. Casey Gubbels, Randolph
5. Joey Koch, Thayer Central
6. Jordan Gonzalas, Morrill
1. Perry Rucker Louisville
2. Devon Kastler, Ord
3. Jake Welchert, Fort Calhoun
4. Drew Smith, Sargent
5. Paul Seger, West Holt
6. Nathan Musfelt, Mitchell
1. Jared Pickett, David City
2. Wade Granger, North Bend Central
3. Mitch Tegeler, Elkhorn Valley
4. Matt Mueller, Malcolm
5. Tyler Fraser, Red Cloud/Blue Hill
6. Simon Perez, Bridgeport
1. Jason Pickett, David City
2. Tony Moser, North Bend Central
3. Craig Degenhardt, Thayer Central
4. Jarrod Schnell, Kimball
5. Tony Hasenpflug, Creighton
6. Austin Hergott, Norfolk Catholic
1. Brandon Stanely Louisville
2. Jeremy McLaughlin, Valley
3. Corey Nurnberg, Grand Island Central Catholic
4. Andrew Daro, Aquinas
5. Addison Negley, Lincoln Christian
6. Andrew Shields, Fort Calhoun
1. Richard Rogers, Superior
2. Cory Havekost, Bennington
3. Zach Olson, Tekamah-Herman
4. Ryan Schledewitz, Hemingford
5. Derek Kenner, Ainsworth
6. David Wragge, Plainview
1. Austin Treat, North Bend Central
2. Ryan Hermanson, Valley
3. Ryan Molacek, Stanton
4. Matthew May, Chase County
5. Stephen Warren, Syracuse
6. Cole True, Mitchell
1. Taylor May, Chase County
2. Brett Nickolite, Stanton
3. Todd Kingston, North Bend
4. Adam Osborn, Aquinas
5. Tanner Goes, Southern
6. Ben Johnson, Arlington
1. Michael Eden, Grand Island Central Catholic
2. Adam Taylor, North Bend Central
3. Caleb Mitchell, Norfolk Catholic
4. Jake Blake Louisville
5. Jerry Vance, Morrill
6. Luke Schneider, Bridgeport
1. Zach Loberg, North Bend Central
2. Brendan Calahan, Morrill
3. Brian Kruse, Creighton
4. Luke Staab, Ord
5. Luke Schneider, Bridgeport
1. Joshua Coufal, Aquinas
2. Tyler Wortman, Grand Island Central Catholic
3. Matt Kastl, David City
4. Tim Eggers, Bruning-Davenport/Deshler
5. William Echtenkamp, Centura
6. F J White, Ft Calhoun
1. Danny Colburn, David City
2. Andy Christensen, Bennington
3. Escamilla, Fremont Bergan
4. Nathan Christensen, Centura
5. Jake Ludemann, Norfolk Catholic
6. Anthony Ruzicka, Oakland-Craig
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You've got waaaaaay too much time on your hands.

Nice work, though...at least gets us thinking about something that's still 6 months out.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
NWI..when you get a chance, get a hold of me! Got some things to talk to you about...

VoR...looks pretty good. I can tell you Molacek is going out and I don't see Nickolite staying down at 160. Watch out for Luke Schwartz (probably 145) and Derek Schwartz (152)
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
I meant to put Molacek isn't going out for wrestling. Also, McCart is probably 119 at least.
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Great thoughts. One mistake I saw, Sargent is D.
I know you went with last years weights, don't think Casey Gubbels will see 119. Think he is planning 125 (don't qoute me on that).
Rookie
Picture of Lamkin
I wont make 119 again.
NCAA Champion
I don't know too much about the upper weight classes, but these things I'm pretty sure of:

103- Andy Pokorny is 75 lbs....if he doesn't gain at least 20 lbs in the next 6 months he will have problems wrestling way above his weight. Andy is a great wrestler, but I've seen him get beat by average wrestlers when he's giving up too much weight. Andy will win his first state title when he's a soph.

Devin Zitek is an incoming 8th grader 80 lbs

112- Karpisek, Gaines and McCart won't make 112 next year....probably 119 or 125.
<Guest>
103: include kid from Friend and if D. Franklin goes to school at Oakland or Tekamah and your right about Andy, he has gotten beat by some kids only because of the size and strength at UNO summer league, but I'll still be cheering for him.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
I am not sure who are all these wrestlers that you say have beaten Andy. This past year Andy has only lost one match to a kid from Nebraska. It was a week and a half ago in the UNO Summer League. He was giving up about 25 – 30 lbs. and got into some bad situations trying to be aggressive. He will need to learn how to wrestle with bigger guys and needs to work on his technique to be successful at the high school level. I do agree with you that he does not deserve to be ranked until he can prove that he can compete with the bigger guys. While giving up approximately 25 lbs Andy did beat a decent wrestler at UNO that saw some varsity time last season. By the way, I will also be cheering for him.

Voice of Reason, I know it’s tough with freshman and figuring out which school is changing classes. I heard Morrill will be class D, East Butler is class D, and I wish Louisville would stay class D. You have Dustin Franklin ranked in class A, he lives in Oakland and will be attending school there. Dustin should be one of the top wrestlers at 103 in class C. Devin Zitek and Quitin Cottle (ranked in class A) will be 8th graders.
<Raiderfan>
Looks like Medicine Valley will be Class C next year, making 130/135 interesting. Jeff pinned the Pickett boy in wrestle offs for Disney duals team, then lost to him in the dual in Orlando. Hope we don't have to wait until Feb for the rubber match.
Junior High
Picture of pick125
Well actually we've wrestled before at the aau ironman.............so the match at orlando was kinda the "rubber" match. Next year will be very interesting, good luck to Myers next year and everyone else.

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.
<Guest>
You all talk about guys like Pisdek, Browne and Katusen being studs. Remember Pokorny beat all these guys and will be back for his senior year with a vengance. Not in the top 6? We will see.

Hus
Junior Varsity
Picture of Dru
It'll be hard for both McCart and Daniel to wrestle at the same weight. Wink
<VoiceofReason>
Sorry, I don't see alot of Class C so my predictions are a little uninformed. I meant to put McCart at 119 and have him be the #1 ranked wrestler. I think that his injury really hindered him last year and that he will come back as one of the best wrestlers in the state. As for Pokorny, I purposely left him off because I don't know if he is wrestling 125 or what. Someone might chime in and give a guess as to what he will wrestle next year.
<Guest>
Mccart won't be #1 at 119. He can't beat Daro (or Karpisek) or Lamkin. He should've cut to 103 last year and he should cut to 112 this year, but he won't. He's not big enough to match up with the bigger guys.
<confused>
Your reasoning for leaving Pokorny off dont make sense because you dont know where anyone will be next year. Why leave 1 person off or are there others left off. Who else did you leave off because you didnt know where they will be. Last year I saw Pokorny weigh in once way under 125 so I would guess he would be 125 again or maybe 130.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
Craig Pokorny weighed 138 last week at the UNO Summer League and has been as high as 140. If he does not grow much more by the start of the season he will most likely be at 135 but 130 may not be out of the question.
<nobody>
VOR i respect your opions and i am a fallower of class D and i heard the rumor the medicine valley will be class c next year. i am not sure if this is true and i hope someone will fill me in. i think that you need to have atleast 3 of them in your predictions. Earl Mortensen 112 state runner up. Jeff Myers 130 4th place. Justin Wilkinsen (sp) 145 lost in the 3rd round cons. all of them have a posibility of winning a state title this year and i think that medidince valley will be right in the hunt for a team title if they can get 2 or 3 more placers.
<Guest>
Can't leave Matt Jacobsen of Oakland out of your 119/125 ratings. I heard he beat Sherer at Schuyler Summer League last week.
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
I plan on weighing about 150 for football, but I need to lift more. If that's the case, I plan on looking at 140. So far I've only topped out at 143, but hopefully that starts to change. We'll see on Wednesday where I'm at. I've learned some stuff from that Iowa camp that I want to put into use. I'm really ready to wrestle with a vengeance now.