Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Best Fan Sections
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best Fan Sections Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
well i know that NBC cheered copletely agianst TH at conference tourney and it wasnt just this year either im not saying that all of NBC s crowd is bad but i have witnessed it
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
I
Rookie
I think Amherst had the best chering section. they also had a lot to cheer about. Coach Herman coached one heck of a tournament. he had every wrestler prepared mentally and physically for every match. that's why they won the title!!!WAy to go Herman and your wrestlers.
Rookie
The Man in Black calling Prep fans "poor sports" VA saying that Prep fans booed a kid on the medal stands, that doesn't bother me. Ignorant, anonymous people on huskermat will do that kind of thing. However, I was really dissapointed, Frank Ryan, that you would join in the bashing. Thank you maddog13 and Big Whitey for setting the record straight. Central fans have what I think is a pretty unique and cool way of showing their support for their kids, they make a "booing" sound. VA, I like how you back tracked when that was pointed out to you by saying that you definately heard "a few boobirds" in the Prep section. What section could that not be said of? I have an idea, have the courage to post on huskermat as yourself or don't post. Otherwise, you are little more than a less caustic Wrasslin.

By the way, Wrasslin, what is with your anti-Catholic rhetoric? I have heard two anti-Catholic things from you in a week. The first was face-to-face at the State meet, the second was in another thread here on huskermat.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by John Hiffernan:
However, I was really dissapointed, Frank Ryan, that you would join in the bashing.

John, I couldn't figure out what made you think that I was joining in any bashing so I went back and reread VA's post that I had commended him on. In his second paragraph he said something about hearing boos during the medal presentation, which I didn't hear. His third paragraph was what I was commending. To paraphase he said to salute the rank, not the man. Give every athlete on the medal stand his due respect whether you like him or not.

Sorry if this sounded like bashing. I am about ready to drop off huskermat because of all this anonymous bashing, innuendo, and half truths.
Rookie
Picture of VA
John,
I wasn't attacking Prep, I was just stating what I saw/heard. I'm not a Class A fan, the only time I see Central compete is at state, and I admit I wrongly mistook the ooosss from the Central fans as boos, mistakes happen (its happened before, as Big Whitey stated) and once people pointed it out to me I retracted that part of my statement.

Frank wasn't bashing anyone, he was agreeing with the 3rd paragraph of my original statement (a general statement I made generated to all of the wrestling community). Essentially to respect the athletes who participate in this great sport.

I don't think anything in my posts were overly offensive, nor were they (for the most part) directed directly at Prep. I think it's rediculous how defensive we get over issues like this, if so-and-so thinks you're fans are "poor sports" so what? You probably have the same assumptions about another town/school, we all know that heated competition can make idiots out of anyone. But its imperative not to forget that at the end of the day, wrestling isn't about us... it's about the kids who bust their butts to give us all something to cheer about. So again, I appologize to Prep for my mistake, can't we all just be buds. Wink

Forever ignorant and anonymous,
Virtual Anomaly
Rookie
Frank, I apologize if I read your comment wrong.

Wrasslin, I'll ask again, what is with your anti-Catholic rhetoric?
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
quote:
I am about ready to drop off huskermat because of all this anonymous bashing, innuendo, and half truths.

Frank, would you go under the witness protection program? (Word does get around)

Hus
Junior Varsity
Picture of Dru
Holdrege had some good fans.

quote:
Originally posted by 4Huskers:
quote:
I am about ready to drop off huskermat because of all this anonymous bashing, innuendo, and half truths.

Frank, would you go under the witness protection program? (Word does get around)

SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Only the Channel 5 news guy was supposed to know that!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Novice
Hey John,

What anti catholic rhetoric? If you read my posts, I support Skutt and what Brad has doen there. I even talk about how God loves to cheer for the Catholics! What are you seeing that is anti-catholic.

I saw you at the state meet, but I do not recall any conversation that we had! You will have to refresh my memory. You obviously ran into someone that must have set you off in a negetive direction, but it was not me my friend!

Good luck next year! You had a nice team this year and I respect what you have done. With the resources that you have at your disposal you should compete for many years at the highest levels!
Rookie
there was one gentlemen, who went ballistic when Brett Mills lost to Joe Janovich. Just completely lost it and start cursing at everyone in sight. A loss is a loss, and its how you take that loss that makes you the true winner.

happeninghunk87

did u happen to be bye the gretna section??? because i think i know what you were talkin about there was a guy from lexington he went nuts i thought he was goonna have a heartattack
Rookie
Wrasslin,
You're quite the wordsmith, I'll give you that. So which is it, do you dislike Catholics in general, or are you just upset that a Catholic school broke the all class scoring record and might go down as the greatest team in Nebraska History?
Novice
Hey John...If you look over all the posts...you will see that I said BEFORE the tournament that Skutt would go down as the best team in Nebraska wrestling history. Which it did! I am a big supporter of their program and the quality of wrestlers that they turn out! So I am not upset about any of their successes. It seems to me that you got your feelings hurt over something! Is it that you are tired of being the 2nd fiddle in the arch diocese wrestling program? I know that it must make you jealous to see the success at Skutt and wonder if you will ever build a program to that level. Like I said earlier, I like what you have done over there. I have never attacked you or the Catholics. I would hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive whoever hurt your feelings. It appears that they have caused you some pain!

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Give it up Coach.

Infinitely more important; did anyone see Frank Ryan come out of the witness protection program, live on Channel 5, NBC affiliate out of Hastings? forgive me Frank, I'm still wondering what's on the 6th floor Big Grin

State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by 4Huskers:
quote:

Nice going 4Huskers. You blew my cover. Now I'll have to get my hair color changed again. Just when I was getting used to gray.

Frank Ryan
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
Did get a snap shot though from Channel 5. Was this a before or after?

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Funnyroflmao Will the real Frank Ryan please stand up!!!

Rookie
I will pay $100 to the person who exposes the real identity of Wrasslin.
Novice
Johnny...come on man...you know it will take a bounty much more than that to bring in Jesse the Kid!