Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Border Brawl
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Border Brawl Login/Join

<arnoldb>
posted   Report This Post  
i still don't understand why belville wasn't invited to at least wrestle brown off for the 189 spot. i know it's over and done with but it should be belville in my opinion.
Novice
Picture of stormfan
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Anorldb, do you know for sure that Jimmy wasn't invited? Some wrestlers have declined there invitations, just wondering.
Junior Varsity
The kid from IA at 119 is a stud 4X finalist 1x champ 3 of the finals were wrestled in IL that is where he won his only championship too.
<arnoldb>
posted   Report This Post  
i talked to james on friday night and he said he was pretty shocked himself. he told me he wasn't even invited to wrestle brown off for the spot. whats done is done, hopefully brown represents nebraska well. there was another guy who's name should've been thrown in there, legate. too bad there couldn't have been one last wrestle off.
Novice
Arnoldb,
Due to time constraints, there is no possible way to do wrestle-offs for this event. At some weights, when you have 4 senior state champs, I just simply cannot invite everyone. As much as I would love to, I just cannot. If I did that, we would have up to 30 matches and I do not want to get to that point. I agree with you that there are some other state champs out there, but with the timing of the event, finances and committments, I have to make some judgements. I wish everyone could compete.

Richard Fergola
Head Wrestling Coach
North Iowa Area CC
fergoric@niacc.edu
641-422-4247
Rookie
I have looked at every posting on this 5 page topic and nowhere including the actual ticket order form does it say WHAT TIME THIS EVENT TAKES PLACE! Do we just show up at 8:00 AM and wait? Nice publicity.
Novice
Picture of Mr. Pin
John Huggins,

The event starts at 7:00PM.

JP
Novice
Mr. Huggins,
There is a post that has a link to the official flyer that states all of that information. Also, this thread was not started by me. I started one that is further down the list that had all of that information. Sorry if you did not see the time or the flyer, but I assure you that the event has been well promoted. Thank you!

Richard Fergola
Head Wrestling Coach
North Iowa Area CC
fergoric@niacc.edu
641-422-4247
Novice
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Fergola:
Border Brawl is this Friday March 9th! Get your tickets today online at http://www.dana.edu/wrestling/brawl_reservations.html

I gotta agree with Huggins on this one coach. I went to YOUR link to order tickets and it shows no time!
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Coach Fergola does a better job than any other college coach as far as promoting goes in the state of nebraska, especially on this site. What other college coach gets on here and promotes his program and the sport of wrestling? I would be very interested to have other college coaches post on here. I applaud the efforts of Coach Fergola. I think it is great that an event like the border brawl has been set up. I also think it is too bad that he takes heat and has to defend himself. Maybe that is why more dont get involved and promote the sport on this site. Wouldn't it be great to have a weekly blog from four or five different college coaches on here? Nice Publicity........... http://www.dana.edu/wrestling/2007BorderBrawl.pdf

Rick Henry

Rookie
John Huggins and guest22.........if you would click on the link on this page (and on the same link found earlier in this thread and in other threads) you would find a page that says "Click here to download a flyer about the event" in bold lettering.

On the left hand side in REALLY BIG PRINT it says 7:00 pm.
Novice
I also appreciate the willingness of Coach Fergola to promote wrestling. I personally do not know him yet. I hope to meet him when, I bring one of my wrestlers to compete in the Boarder Brawl. He is willing to stick his neck out and some of the jerks on this site are willing to cut it off. I am a big fan of Coach Denny and Coach Bauer, but you do not see them on here at least that I know of. Coach Fergola I hope that you do not get tired of the complaining of a few. Keep up the good work.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Have a great, great event Friday evening Coach. Are you about completed with final rosters?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
enraged but it was appropriately clever Mr. moderator, you must admit. Big Grin regardless, fire with fire usually doesn't work anyway. Are you working all day/night Friday?

Haven't received the "official" schedule. But am assuming so.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Novice
2007 Border Brawl Time Schedule

5:00-5:30-- Athlete & Coaches check-in

5:30-5:45-- Team Meetings in respective Locker Rooms and hand out team gear

5:45-6:00-- Team Pictures in Dana College wrestling room

6:00-6:45-- Teams head down to Gardner-Hawks Center for warm-ups

6:45-6:55-- Teams meet with coaches in locker rooms for pre-match

6:55-7:00-- Teams come out to Gardner-Hawks Center and line-up for formal introductions

7:00-7:05-- Singing of the National Anthem

7:05-7:15-- Introduction of athletes and coaches

7:15- Wrestling starts (103, 112, 119, 125, 130, 130, 135, 140, 140)

8:00 or 8:15: Take a 10 minute intermission

8:15 approx- Resume Wrestling (145, 152, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 275)

9:00 or 9:15: Wrestling concludes

9:15 approx- Post Match meal provided by Subway for participating athletes & coaches, parents of athletes, officials, and table workers.

The line-up has not changed since posted. Event starts at 7:00 pm. Tickets are available online at http://www.dana.edu/wrestling/brawl_reservations.html or at the door! To see the full event flyer go to http://www.dana.edu/wrestling/2007BorderBrawl.pdf

103- Zach Fronce (Ralston) vs. Cruse Aarhus (Cedar Rapids-Kennedy)
112- Clayden McKim (Millard South) vs. Mike Helle (RCL-SCAL)
119- Jared DeTurk (Amherst) vs. Tyler Clark (Bettendorf)
125- Andy Pokorny (Bennington) vs. Dalton Jensen (Missouri Valley)
130- Robert Eklund (Friend) vs. Micah Sheffield (Sioux City North)
130- Dylan Laughlin (Creighton Prep) vs. Tyler Halverson (Cherokee-Washington)
135- Daniel Rodriguez (Kearney) vs. Jordan Hasenkamp (Twin River Valley)
140- Trenton Washington (Boystown) vs. Zach McCool (West Delware-Manchester)
140- Travis Kuhn (High Plains Community) vs. Ben Knight (Sargeant Bluff)
145- Esai Dominguez (Creighton Prep) vs. TJ Moen (Saydel)
152- DeVaughan Perkins (Omaha North) vs. Andrew Sorensen (Forest City)
152- Chad Brester (Howells) vs. Ryan Helenthal (Keokuk)
160- Matt Mueller (Malcolm) vs. Robert Kellogg (Sioux City North)
171- Corey Steiger (Lincoln NE) vs. Ryan Ketelsen (Osage)
189- Mitch Brown (Millard South) vs. Vinnie Wagner (Osage)
215- Daniel Stoelting (Southern Valley) vs. Colton White (Tri-Center)
HWT- Shawn Meyer (Plainview) vs. Ben Boothby (Clinton)

Nebraska Coaches
Alan Pokorny, Bennington
John Hiffernan, Creighton Prep
Erich Warner, Blair
Andrew Juranek, Omaha North

Iowa Coaches
Andy Hensley, Tri-Center
Brent Jennings, Osage
Jon Garvin, Saydel
John Torno, Sioux City North

This line-up includes 17 Nationally ranked wrestlers according to Wrestling USA magazine. There are 35 state titles among these young men with many national accolades. This should provide wrestling fans with some great wrestling and a great dual. There are several match-ups of undefeated wrestlers with Trenton Washington taking on Zach McCool, DeVaughan Perkins taking on Andrew Sorensen, and Chad Brester taking on Ryan Helenthal.

Richard Fergola
Head Wrestling Coach
North Iowa Area CC
fergoric@niacc.edu
641-422-4247
Novice
Picture of stormfan
Can anybody give us any background on the Iowa wrestlers. I know some of them have been talked about in previous posts. HB do you know anything about some of them? Just curious about some of there accomplishments, records etc. I know it doesn't matter but just interesting reading.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by stormfan:
Can anybody give us any background on the Iowa wrestlers. I know some of them have been talked about in previous posts. HB do you know anything about some of them? Just curious about some of there accomplishments, records etc. I know it doesn't matter but just interesting reading.

http://www.iahsaa.org/07wrresults.html

This link will take you to the Iowa High School Athletic Association website. Click on state tournament results and you can see each kid's record going into the state meet. The state dual meet tournament results are there also but won't tell you much.

The kid Travis wrestles is from Sargeant Bluff and they are in 2A.

Will you be with Stormin' Norman on Friday night? I'll look for you.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I don't think this is as good a team as they had last year. The best kids on their team are 119 Clark, an absolute stud; and Kellogg who is going to Northwestern. Moen is a former cadet greco national champion and really tough kid as well. As said previously, I believe Esai has beat him every time they've wrestled. Other than that, it's just a good group of wrestlers but nobody that is a world beater.
Novice
Picture of stormfan
Thanks Frank and HB. Frank I assume Norm will be there I haven't talked to him this week. I know some of the wrestling team is going. Some of the other supporters will be working at the
Div. II's so won't be attending. Our family will be there cheering for all the Neb. guys.