Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Need a PE teacher/ Wrestling coach?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Need a PE teacher/ Wrestling coach? Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
This might seem cheesy, but We have to get our names out there somehow. With the lack of PE openings these days and the over abundance of PE teachers we are trying something different. Cory Schweitzer and Jayson Peetzke will be graduating in May from Wayne State College. Each with Health & Physical Education K-12 degrees and Coaching endorsements. A little background on each of us.

Cory Schweitzer
2006 Graduate from Central City
Coaching Experience: 2 years as a Volunteer Assistant Wrestling Coach at Wayne High School
3 years as the Junior High Head Coach at Wayne Schools
2 years as an Assistant Junior High Football Coach
4 years helped run the Youth Wrestling practices for Wayne.
Currently Student Teaching at Crofton Schools in Crofton, NE. Also assisted their wrestling team.

Jayson Peetzke
2005 Graduate from Aurora
Coaching Experience: 1 year Volunteered for Kenesaw/Shelton's Wrestling team
4 years Assistant Wrestling Coach at Wakefield High School 1 Volunteered 3 paid Assistant.
2 years as assistant and 2 years as Head Junior High Wrestling Coach for Wakefield Schools
Helped 4 years with the Wakefield Youth Wrestling Club
Currently Student Teaching at Wakefield Schools in Wakefield, NE.

Both are willing to take on other coaching duties.
If you know of any opportunities let us know. Jayson's email is japeet01@wsc.edu and Cory's is coschw02@wsc.edu

Thank you very much,
Cory and Jayson
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Email me @ thodges@esu4.org

We got some stuff coming up..

Relentless
Junior Varsity
Jayson,

Want to come back to Kenesaw? They are currently without a coach. Great opportunity. Got a great freshman class and some solid kids coming up.
Rookie
I would really love come back to Kenesaw if they had an opening.
Rookie
i know Elkhorn has a new school opening up, Elkhorn Valley View. I dont know what been filled their for jobs i just know their opening up i dont know if its elementary or jr high
Rookie
Elkhorn has a .25 pe opening and we will need an assistant junior high wrestling coach.
Rookie
When Cory was in Wayne, the kids loved him. He'd have 20 out for jr. high wrestling. He was also great with the youth program. He will be a great addition to any program's wrestling room from Pre-k to senior. We'd love to have him stay in Wayne, but unfortunately we have no PE openings. Our loss is somebody elses gain.
Rookie
Creighton Prep has a PE teaching opening and is looking for both a football assistant and wrestling assistant paid position. Link Below:

Creighton Prep Positions
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
I can personally vouch for Cory. I watched him grow up in Central City and had a few occasions to watch him coach the Wayne Club. He's a passionate guy with good character and skills. Good luck to you Cory!
Rookie
Jayson has been an asset to our program. He has developed our Junior High program and earned a great amount of respect from the students, staff and parents. No matter where he goes he would be a great addition....I wish we had an opening here to keep him around.
Junior High
I tried to get Cody in here at York, but the powers that be thought we needed a ____ instead.
You know how it is.
Rookie
I tried applying there too. My Aunt and Uncle were really excited since live in York.
Rookie
From what I hear Creighton's Coach would like to retire. This is a school with alot of tradition and a hall of fame coach in Randy Klement. Good Luck!
Rookie
the powers that be thought we needed a what? History teacher? or needed someone with the integrity to take a stand and not be part of a despicable situation. at least he knows right from wrong alot of "coaches" don't.
Junior High
Who are you rasslin' dad?
and tell me about this despicable situation.
Junior High
Perhaps you are talking about Mattox?
I am happy he is here. I wanted to get Cody in this spring as an assistant or middle school coach.
He is great with younger kids. We had an elem. PE opening.
Perhaps you took this the wrong way.

But I still want to know about this despicable situation. and the stand that needed to be taken.
and how you think I don't know right from wrong.
Novice
Picture of phatjo23
Fairbury has an elementary school PE opening along with some jr. High wrestling and assistant varsity wrestling. There is some football involved too. Let me know if you are interested.

PJ Smith

As for the York situation. I don't know what rasslin' dad is talking about, but both Shannon and Chad are great guys, awesome wrestling supporters, and people I call friends. If you are from York, you should be proud to have both in your town.
Rookie
OK that's enough talk about Coach Cory. We feel at Crofton it would be better if he continues to live here in Crofton and pursue his masters degree. That way he continues his education to the point no one will hire him because he is too expensive and he can coach wrestling where he belongs, Crofton!!
Junior High
Ok, the matter has been cleared up. No problems on my end.

the _____ in my first post was meant to say, fill it in with anything, because anything to the powers would be better than hiring a wrestling coach.
Rookie
Sorry GockeS, your first post certainly appeared to be a "dig" towards coach Mattox considering he was recently hired at York. I assumed he was the ______ in your post, my fault for assuming. I was not implying that you don't know right from wrong, I was stating that Chad Maddox does. Sorry for the confusion.