Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Switzer to Transfer?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Switzer to Transfer? Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
Doug S, long time no hear from. How are things going with wrestling and LT? Heard through the Grapevine that you have decided on going to Creighton Prep. Can you confirm? If what I hear is true, that LT and Vacanti are going to be signed with Prep, it might be one of the best teams in class A history. You can duel Skutt for an All Catholic classic.

Good choice in coaches. I have seen Hiffernan working hard with his guys and working hard to put together a championship team; LT and Vacanti might be the missing pieces to the puzzle. Second this year to first next year. What a turnaround in this program.
Junior Varsity
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
this must be just gossip what a surprise.
Novice
I am trying to see if it is a rumor or not...I have it on good authority that they both are going there. It will be interesting to see if they are the new Class A skutt now that they have a coach that knows what he is doing! Coach Willetts would not go out of his way to recruit and provide a good practice for his guys! John will do both!
Junior Varsity
If you have it on good authority LOL why are you checking on here to see if it is true or not? That makes no sense.
Rookie
Switzer is, that's a given.

Vacanti would be a negative however.
Prep also has a few other transfers coming in I think.
Novice
Just got off the phone with a friend...it appears that Prep will in fact have some new guys on their team this year! Watch out for the Bluejays!

They will be the top rated Class A team once the team is announced!

World Champion
Picture of HB
Wrasslin why don't you just say who they are?
Junior Varsity
Why would a undefeated three time state champ be a negative for a team?
Novice
HB..you have your hand on the pulse of wrestling in Nebraska. Don't tell me that I out scooped ya!

In being fair to the parents and kids, I will wait and let them make the announcement. They may want to wait for a bit to make the announcement for obvious reasons. Like school is still in session and they do not want any backlash where they are at now!

But be rest assured, it will have an impact on the state race!

World Champion
Picture of HB
Because some of your information doesn't correlate with what I've received.
Novice
Well we will see when the announcements are made. Just hold off making any bold statements about who the top teams are.

This is not a situation like McKim transfering and then getting beat up on this site. These guys are impact guys and they will make a difference at their new teams. We all know that some kids will be looking for their 4th school, but that is old news!
Novice
Now HB...this is your site and you are always willing to share your information...what are you hearing on the hotline?

Give us the information...your fans want to know the Paul Harvey!

World Champion
Picture of HB
I'm waiting for all the people with the "Inside" information to email me and let me know Wink
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by scrambler:
Why would a undefeated three time state champ be a negative for a team?

Not a negative as in he would contribute negatively.. a negative as in that's not correct.
Junior High
Ya never know. If Hiff can teach L.T. to escape, I'll send him there: Etherton held L.T. down like L.T owed him money.
Junior Varsity
Thanks for clearing that up on the negative.
Novice
Hi Doug,
While we have you in our audience, could you clarify something for us? You sent LT to Westside for the educational opportunity. Right? Knowing you like I do, education is of the highest priority. Why switch for one year? Wouldn't it be better to finish out at Westside and send LT off to college with four years of, arguably, the best education in Nebraska under his belt? Don't tell me that Prep has the same education that Westside has. The statistics don't lie! I guess I always thought that wrestling was kind of down the ladder a little from the whole education scenario.

If it is about the wrestling, then there are other options out there for LT…he could always go home!!!!!!!! To the grass roots!!!!! As always…I want the best for LT….Just look what happened to our Valley Friends, to much travel makes the legs weak!

Good luck where ever he goes!

Wrasslin
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
This is a quick question for Doug Switzer. Jeremy Moore is working on putting together the Junior Nationals Dual team. Will LT be able to go on this team? Secondly, is it a done deal that Esai has to wrestle on the Iowa Team or is it possible for him to wrestle on the Nebraska Dual team? I've never quite understood why he wrestles for Iowa and lives in Nebraska. Anyway, thanks in advance for you help.
Rookie
Creighton Prep is probably the top academic school in the state... even Westside can't match that.
Junior High
To Wrasslin- Thanks for interest in L.T.- kind of you. We see no downside in move to Prep. Here is rationale for move: The top wrestling schools Ok. State, Neb. Michigan, Iowa, Iowa State are not considering L.T. for their programs- 2x AA but no state titles- and he could obtain academic full-ride without wrestling, plus those programs are too time demanding. However, the schools L.T. is establishing a relationship with and wishes to attend, U of Chicago, Stanford, Harvard, do not demand a pile of state titles for their wrestlers but have high academic standards. L.T. is academically equivalent to most applicants to those schools but not dramatically better than those applicants. Wrestling distinguishes him from that app. pool and being a state finalist or title-winner puts him over the top- and he ain't gonna win one from Westside. I have to give him a chance and besides, academic results in a senior year carry little weight.

To Grapplinman: L.T. lives for Free and Greco- absolutely he wants to be on the Dual Team. He has had alot of success at national dual format. Count him in. I will ask Ray about Esai but tradition is long there and I think Zac may be coaching Ia. team. P.S. If it matters, I choose Prep instead of M.S. because you have the slots filled with good tough kids and we saw no reason to disrupt established relationships. Prep seems to have some openings and besides Hiff is better looking than you are!