Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Switzer to Transfer?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Switzer to Transfer? Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Grapplinman...who cares where Esai wrestles? It is obvious the family knows what is best for their wrestling boys. Look at the success that they have had. Don't be surprised if one of them is on an Olympic team in teh future!

That just goes to show how poorly Free and Greco are in Nebraska...the best kids have to go out of state to get the best training and meets!

I have been an advocate of Nebraska Free for years, even volunteered some time...but it is time to think about doing other styles in this great state of ours.

I would like to see Grapplinman answer my question...Why not have Huskerland hold a National Folkstyle meet in the spring? You have the resources and staff to make it happen!
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Wrasslin:
Grapplinman...who cares where Esai wrestles? It is obvious the family knows what is best for their wrestling boys. Look at the success that they have had. Don't be surprised if one of them is on an Olympic team in teh future!

That just goes to show how poorly Free and Greco are in Nebraska...the best kids have to go out of state to get the best training and meets!

I have been an advocate of Nebraska Free for years, even volunteered some time...but it is time to think about doing other styles in this great state of ours.

I would like to see Grapplinman answer my question...Why not have Huskerland hold a National Folkstyle meet in the spring? You have the resources and staff to make it happen!

The same guys that are helping with USA and Huskerland are the ones doing the Brute Nationals. I believe Grand Nationals will be here next year. Not enough helpers to do it all. If I'm correct Huskerland and USA people helped with Big 12 and Division II nationals this year....people are being spread to thin. Again, I say we could use your help...you have different ideas, but that's what this country is all about. Just don't slam others for their opinions..it doesn't help your cause.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by 525:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrasslin:

The same guys that are helping with USA and Huskerland are the ones doing the Brute Nationals. I believe Grand Nationals will be here next year. Not enough helpers to do it all. If I'm correct Huskerland and USA people helped with Big 12 and Division II nationals this year....people are being spread to thin. Again, I say we could use your help...you have different ideas, but that's what this country is all about. Just don't slam others for their opinions..it doesn't help your cause.

Don't forget that Huskerland is already holding a tournament in the spring that gets as many kids as any National tournament would. There's a lot of work going in April. Having 1300 kids in a tournament made up of Nebraska kids is the same work as having a National tournament with 1300 kids. Also just look at the tournament held over in Council Bluffs two weekends ago...it wasn't well attended. Its got Roller trying to help it succeed...but not helping. There are so many National tournaments going on kids are just not coming to the late spring ones...they want a little break....not that they won't do some more off season wrestling but by the time middle April to May comes around kids are back doing things in their own state for a while. From Jan. to the 2nd week of April there is a big tournament somewhere everyweek. This year alone had Huskerland, USA Middle school duals and AAU middle school duals and Iowa AAU State tournament and South Dakota AAU state tournament all the same weekend. The weekend before that was USA folkstyle Nationals..the weekend before that was Reno..the list goes on and on.
Novice
Doug S...I know that at Prep they teach a real good escape from the bottom...so does that mean that LT is headed there?

Do you know about any of the other guys yeat? ANy info you could share would be great...

Thanks,

My Brother
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
To Wrasslin,

I guess you have to have an answer to the question you keep throwing out there. Now I am not sure who you are, and you know who I am, so why not fess up a name for the good of the cause?

Anyway, I am only one part of Huskerland. Like 525 said, there aren't many of us out there working at this stuff, and the ranks are thin. Also, we don't need another National Tournament. Shoot, Gutierrez alone has 7, and Roller has 5. If we count all the rest in the basket, we have more National Tournaments than state tournaments. Don't know if this answers your question, but it is the best answer I have at this time.

To Doug Switzer: Good luck to you at Prep. You got to do what you got to do. I have a feeling that LT will get a scholarship and a great education no matter whether wrestling is a part of the picture or not. I did tell you a long time ago that the name of the game these days is TOP! UNO had two National Champions because of top wrestling, OSU has turned in to riding machines, and as you well know, the better wrestling states are all really good on top. So it stands to reason that LT had better learn to get off the bottom. It won't get any easier in college. Maybe you can send the boy to Martin Land and learn the Granby way!!!!!!! I plan to spend a couple of weeks in June at the Great Bridge DoJo!
Novice
Grapplinman,

You do know me...very well in fact...I have talked with you many times about the best place to send kids and how to build a program...I have admired what you have done there at Millard South.

Your state title would have come sooner if you would have compromised your values. I personally know that a few years back Kohl would have come there had you given his dad free reign in the preactice room. Instead he went to Skutt. WE actually thought he was going to go to school here!

Now going to LE to wrestle the Grandby way is a poor piece of advice...that way does not work at the college level. D Switz, You better teach LT some Oklahoma stuff and then maybe even some OSU scrambling!

WOrd has it that even some of the Skutt guys are trying to figure out just how big of an impact the recruiting process will have over at Skutt. It seems like the world is starting to spin!

More and more schools are trying to get in these kids pockets while in Junior HS...parents and kids now have choices!
Novice
Oops I meant recruiting over at Prep...JH is the new Tom Osborn...he will take some of those kids that want a catholic education from Skutt..we all know that Skutt has been in that business for years...it might change now that RJ is off to his next adventure!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Does anyone know what RJ's next adventure will be?
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Visted with one of the Skutt kids at UNL on a visitation last Friday. As they put it (But don't quote me) RJ is going to dedicate more time to realty, he owns numerous properties and is now headed towrds the appraisal side of it and needs to do some schooling to get certified/licensed.
Good Luck RJ

hawk

State Qualifier
So if LT transfers how long will he have to sit out or will he before he is eligible? Just need a clarification.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
So is Creighton Prep going to be the dominant juggernaut school next year in all around sports, I mean cause next year they are going to have a great squad in Wrestling, they are going to be the defending runner-ups, they are going to be the defending Champions in Football, and from what I hear, they are pretty good in Baseball, watch out for them in everything next year, my guess, TOP 10 in every spors they will participate in. Mad Mad

The Stat Boy

Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
I heard R.J. is going to settle down with his wife and discontinue his great career of Coaching wrestling.

The Stat Boy

Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Stat Boy:
So is Creighton Prep going to be the dominant juggernaut school next year in all around sports, I mean cause next year they are going to have a great squad in Wrestling, they are going to be the defending runner-ups, they are going to be the defending Champions in Football, and from what I hear, they are pretty good in Baseball, watch out for them in everything next year, my guess, TOP 10 in every spors they will participate in. Mad Mad

It's already being done by Prep. They're the best all around boys sports school in the state (As far as I know)..
Rookie
The transfer deadline w/o sitting out 90 school days was March 15th.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by knightswrestling:
The transfer deadline w/o sitting out 90 school days was March 15th.

If I'm correct...Creighton Prep is a private school so "open enrollment" guide lines don't count. A person can chose to go to a private school whenever they want....they pay to go there. There isn't a tax issue.
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
This is an athletic guideline put out by the NSAA for all teams participating in an NSAA sanctioned sport.
This does not have anything to do with tax base. It is to ensure the level playing field of students going to a team to better their (school ans student) chances of winning. They want the student/athelete to not be "influenced" on their choice at the last minute. It must be thought out before hand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cschumacher,
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
That's correct. The rule affects all schools, public or private.
Novice
90 days....and counting!

HB...you are behind the times...I got it on good word that there will be some transfers...where are your reports? Still out fishing?

World Champion
Picture of HB
I'm well aware of many that are transferring. Just not as liberty to discuss yet.
Rookie
AIM: Online Status For cpfballer28
geesh- with a team like this prep is sure so have a well earned shot at the state title
team being lt, macgruder, dominguez, falconbridge, salcedo, vaughn.
preps coach is pretty tough too....