Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    For the Husker FB junkies
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
For the Husker FB junkies Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
I heard they are having a press conference tonight at 6 to announce Bo Pelini as the next head coach at Nebraska.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
...it's Steve Spurrier. Er, er...Dave Wannstedt. ER, ER...um...Bear Bryant.

Doggone rumor mills...next thing you know they're going to go REALLY nuts and say something like Al Gore supporting Howard Dean for the Democratic nomination or some...what? He DID???

You could be right then, Ross...Bo is the next Husker coach.

Omaha.com reporting that Frank Solich is one of a short list of candidates for the Cincinnati U job. Boy...talk about low expectations...a 9-3 season there would make him a legend. They may even give him a lifetime contract, considering how horrible football is in Cincy (although the Bengals are actually playing as if they are worthy of being considered an NFL franchise).

World Champion
Picture of HB
My sources are usually not wrong. I was told they wrapped everything up this morning. I couldn't be happier.
<Really?>
Is this serious or a joke? Cause I can't find anything saying a press conference has been called?
<t-bone>
That is the worst choice. This is the same guy that made a mockery of NE Football by cussin and yellin at the K State coach for running up the score? Please! What an embarresment. Bring back TOM.

World Champion
Picture of HB
T Bone I think you've been listening to the bozos on 1620 too long.
Rookie
I think he will make a good coach just as long as he doesn't upset bill synder too much. did he look at how nu used to beat up un ksu in the past. if it is true, bo would be a great choice to take nu into the new generation. he is very intense and maybe rathman will come back and become the o cordinater

World Champion
Picture of HB
Now I'm told that there may not be a PC tonight. But the negotiations are done and Bo is now the HC at Nebraska.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
He should have cold-cocked that old fart Snyder. That's two years in a row he's run it up intentionally on us.
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
AIM: Online Status For Spartan69ALM04
ya think Pelini will send in the scrubs when Nebraska is up big on them next time?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
You think those 60- and 70- point hangings we put on them back in the day when our sixth-stringers were scoring on their first-teamers was bad? If I'm Pelini and that situation presents itself, I don't call off the dogs until we've thrown a C-Note up on the board.
<Guest>
I would just like to know who's going to be leading the husker nation, if we've decided that yet. We are all dying to know, as long as it isn't spurrier. He would be good for recruiting, but that's it. I think Bo would help our recruiting, and especially this year, for all the kids that are planning to come, and talked with Solich. They don't want to come if none of their coaches are going to be there next year.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I'm not sure who's going to be on the staff although I've heard credible reports that Lane Kiffin (Monte's son) who currently is the WR coach at USC will be one of the assistant OC's. I've heard Jamrog is gone for sure and probably Gill, Albin and Brown. Sanders will coach the defense and Carl Pelini may or may not be turned into a full time staff member-he is still considering going down to coach with Mike Stoops at AZ and escaping his brother's shadow.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
That would be a shame if Albin is gone. Not that it would not be a shame about Gil or Brown. But Albin is more of an up-and-comer at this point (imo). I saw him once and was quite impressed with his knowlege and fire.
<Guest>
I just can't believe all those assistants would be fired. They would have no reason to stay around for the bowl game, that would leave Pelini and Sanders to coach for the bowl game? And what about Barney Cotton? Staying or gone?
<Guest>
they would most likely leave not be fired. turner gill has wanted to be a head coach for a while and he obviously stuck with nebraska cuz he thought he would be the next head coach. but that didnt happen. ron brown will go with turner. barney cotten and bo are pretty good friends from what i hear and i wouldnt be surprised to see him stay. but the others all want to become head coaches
State Qualifier
I'd certainly hang onto Brown and maybe Gill but Barney can go back to doing little Kids Birthday Parties!
Rookie
Are you serious? It will be a couple of years before we will be able to beat KSU again. Anyway, the last touchdown was scored by a third team fullback playing I back, give me a break. The score wasn't that bad and no one outside of this state thought KSU was running up the score. Actually people are laughing at us about that situation. To add wood to the fire, Pederson said we had to fight OU and Texas for the big 12 crown but he forgot to add this years winners, KSU. We better watch out next year in Manhattan when their running back is back and they are even more pissed off, they might hang a hundred on us.
<Guest>
a 100 pts is quite a bit...i understand sproles is the man but he has to have someone blocking for him up front...he loses some of his hogs...oh yeah and with a new quarterback at the helm i believe it will be a heck of lot easier to key on sproles without roberson in the backfield...and as far as bo being the new coach...i say our program is headed in the right direction...hes going to find the kids that want to work for a national title...none of these natural gifted lazy kids. And if I was pelini...why not run up the score...heck its a part of college football anymore...its not that often you get to go into someone elses house and embarass them...heck it took kstate 30 some odd years...im not too worried...the skers will be back...just be patient.
<Guest>
when you talk about those hard working kids, there here right now. they are all freshman and sophmore walk-ons. They werent those big time recruits like texas always gets but most of them are made of piss and viniger. Give them a few years to get bigger and stornger and nebraska will be back on top.